Win Your Own Bed And Breakfast

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by Theo • Mar 12, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The owner of the Center Lovell Inn in Maine has set up a contest for people to win ownership of the bed and breakfast. It costs $125 to enter and you have to write 200 words on why you should win. It's limited to 7500 applicants so you will get a refund if it goes over if not enough are reached.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's crazy. I wish I had the extra cash. I'd enter it for my mother. She has always wanted to own a bed and breakfast.

I wonder why they decided to do it this way? I guess it wasn't selling quickly enough. Still, it's a pretty cool idea. I hope it works out well for all involved. I'll be anxious to see what happens with this.

That's one heck of a contest!

3. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, interesting. But because it costs 125 dollars to enter, isn't that kind of paying a little bit, or perhaps the losers would pay the cost and the host would win double what he's given?

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the owner basically gets paid either way (if enough people enter the contest). That's why I figured the place wasn't selling quickly enough for their liking, by just being added to a set of listings. With a time limit on entries, they could have their money much more quickly, if all goes according to plan.

This way, they probably also get lots of publicity. It is a cool idea, if you ask me. I have to admit, I've never seen quite such a contest before though.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The owner won the bed and breakfast in the same way and thought it was only fair to put it back on the market in the same way.
    It does seem fair as the funds are used to pay for the costs of tax and other legal matters. I have asked a friend to enter and I will help her to run it if she wins.

6. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah me neither, it's not that new though I think. A lot of people make money off of contests.

It probably does seem fair, but you can tell they would make loads of profit out of it, I don't mind it but I think it's a good idea.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a gorgeous bed and breakfast, that's for sure! If I had money to burn, I'd try my luck. If I won it, I'd then sell it and get my mortgage :) We're seeing more and more of these types of raffle type "competitions" nowadays, and I think it's a brilliant idea because if there are enough takers, the owner must make far beyond the value of their property!

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Technically speaking you're actually buying the bed & breakfast for $125 along with others that are purchasing it at the same price. The only determining factor is how well you write an essay.