Window Shopping

Discussion in Online Shopping started by MarriedGirl15 • Sep 21, 2015.

1. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    Is it hard for you to just window shop? I find it extremely hard to just window shop, especially when the store is having a sale, or if I see an item that I have to have. I usually window shop if I'm low on funds or want to save money. How do you all control yourselves, how do you just window shop?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's easier for me to avoid the temptation of it all when I'm shopping online. I don't like giving out my info anyway. I also don't like big shipping costs or worrying about the delivery. So, those things combined make it easier for me to just look around and window shop, without being too tempted.

If I'm there physically, where I can touch the item, I'm much more likely to let temptation get the best of me.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve usually been a champion window-shopper - able to look but not necessarily indulge. And then I developed a makeup-buying habit. :p Basically I find that I’m more prone to succumbing to temptation when I’m in an experimental phase, or feeling down, which both applied at the time. So for me, it’s a matter of knowing my tastes and my needs super well, and being aware of how much of the stuff I’m looking at will not fit both criteria.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend not to window shop when I'm low on funds. I do it sometimes though but it just ends making me feel bad since I can't buy the items I want. Most of the control I'm able to employ now has to do with my strict budget but I'm sure if I had more I'd just spend it all so it's not really so much that I have self control it's just that I have limited funds.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to window shop a lot when I had no money. We were struggling with the rent then. Ironically, our office was situated at the back of a big mall, hahahaaa. Fortunately for me, I was unlike the others who succumbed to the temptation of buying with their credit card up to the point they could not pay it anymore. But now that I'm financially well of, I still window shop but I buy on impulse when I see something I like... that is on sale, hahahaaa.

6. Harlek

HarlekMember

Threads:
    Well if I don't need it I don't buy it and besides my wallet is the only reason why I'm so disciplined when it comes to impulsive purchases. I usually don't go window shopping if I had nothing to actually buy or if I'm not scouting for anything but if I'm trying to find a specific item I tend to windows shop a lot, maybe pick a few extra items to.