Windows based smart devices.

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by daimashin • Aug 18, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone here has been using a Windows based smart device? It's work related that I need to use some other operating system and it seems that Windows gets brought up a lot. Is it complicated to use, or it's similar to what I get on the PC? What kinds of features are available on the Windows smart devices?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people seem to believe that Windows smart phones, tablets, etc aren't that great which is probably the reason why most people don't use them. I think the problem had to more with how long it took Microsoft to step into the scene rather than how good the devices are.

Windows devices are great but owing to the fact that android and iOS have a larger market share getting GREAT apps is much easier. A device is only as great as the apps you can run on it.

#2Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I once worked a call-center job, where we took calls from people who needed help to set up an e-mail account, or wifi on their phone, or something, and everytime we got a Windows Mobile we went crazy.
    I really don't like their menus. But I'm a Windows 8 nazi though, so my opinion is probably biased on this...

What kind of work will you be doing?

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Windows based mobile devices? Most Nokia phones are now windows based right? The company was acquired by Microsoft so they incorporated windows in a lot of their mobile devices. I do agree that it's not that great though. The primary reason is that there are very few apps available for Windows Mobile devices. If the apps and games would be as large as that of Android and iOS, then that's the time when it would be awesome.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always wondered why most Nokia devices are run on Windows, and I haven't come across an Android one yet, and now, no wonder, since it has been acquired my Microsoft already. I think the more that they resist joining in the Android craze the more profits that they will lose, because most people are app-crazy, so they will choose Android-based devices.