Winter Boots: Where to Purchase

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by thetieps • Oct 23, 2014.

1. thetieps

thetiepsNew Member

Threads:
    Even though it has been a long time since they originally made their debut, boots by the Ugg Company never fail to make me wish I had an extra two hundred dollars lying around. While I have recently purchased some knock-off fashion boots, the signs of the coming weather keep reminding me that I might want to invest in warmer shoes before there's snow on the ground. Does anybody happen to know any store that sells Ugg-like boots of decent quality without the large price tag? I am aware that stores like Target and Walmart sell some knock-offs, but I was wondering there were any other stores that did as well.

Thank you!

2. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Stores like DSW and Esty have quality knockoff Uggs. Amazon is also a site that sell knockoffs like Ugg and many other style boots that are warm and stylish for the fall/winter season. I usually Google anything I want and lots of sites come up with different price ranges and styles.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought boots online but I'd like suggestions too. I'll keep an eye out on this thread. I need to get some new boots this year. Mine are from a couple of years ago and I have completely worn them out. They weren't very warm so I want to get a better quality pair this year.

4. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Ross had some ugh looking boots last time I went in there. Its the type of store though where they are always changeing what they got so you would just have to look and see what they got. Another place where you could look to see is a thrift store like Goodwill it will have uggs sometimes at a much discounted price. Some of them do not even look like they have been worn.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw a lot of winter boots at Forever 21 recently. Since winter's nearing, the store's trying to market furry products including boots. You can actually scour through online stores for bargain Ugg boots. I go to Korean online stores a lot because they have cheaper items and are usually on sale. Perhaps you can look at these sites (they have nice designs):

and

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    DSW is the best place for a good selection of boots at great prices. That's where I got the pair I have now. They are not Ugg style, but I know they had those kind of boots there too. If you have not had Ugg type boots before, they are not good for walking. They are typically way too loose at the back of the foot and because there are no zippers or ties, there is nothing to keep your heel from riding up and down as you walk. If you may end up walking in the snow this is not the right type of boot for you because you will feel like you are dragging your boots with you and it's pretty exhausting.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    There is a difference between DSW and the Outlet. You can also find some good foot ware at REI OUTLET; once again, there is a difference between REI and REI OUTLET. You will find better deals on the online Outlets and yes, I have bought all types of footwear from these and like sites many times. Also, if you go into an REI shop, go to the sale display first. They will often have returned shoes on sale. REI is renowned for accepting any returns, even if there was not a flaw with the shoe. So often times, you can find a shoe up to 60% off that has no damage to it but since it was purchased, it cannot be returned to the floor as a 'new item'. Even at 60% off you will still pay a pretty price, but they are shoes that will last a long time under rugged use. And if you sign up for their rewards program, you will get additional advantages.