woot.com

Discussion in Local Deals (Daily Deal Sites) started by fourmatic • Apr 4, 2013.

1. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    Woot.com is a pretty awesome 1 item a day deal site. When the item is gone its gone so sometimes you have to act fast. It's surprising to see how many excellent deals they get. Only think to look out for is sometimes they're selling refurbished stuff (like the TV today for 999.99) and that might turn some people off. Good luck!

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    As a proud citizen of Maggie's Nipples, I'm disappointed.

3. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, refurbished or not, there are some great looking deals on there, thanks.

I got a Breville juicer on Amazon that was refurbished (half-price of new) and I have yet to be able to determine what isn't new about it. I have put it to rigorous use and it's performed flawlessy. So, refurbished can be as good as brand new sometimes.

4. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I purchased a Toshiba Thrive tablet, on Amazon, for my son's birthday a few years ago and couldnt put it down. I caught a daily deal on Woot, the same one, but refurbished, for half the price that I paid on Amazon. Its been over two years and not a day of trouble. I love Woot!

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good to know. I'm in the market for a Breville juicer. I recently saw the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and am itching to start adding fresh vegetable juice to my diet.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always been curious about the woot.com wootoff surprise bags. People post unboxing videos on Youtube.
    I've seen people get boxes of junk and other people get surprise flat screen TVs. People take the risk on buying the blind bags in hopes of getting randomly selected for a big ticket item. Maybe one of these days I'll buy one of the blind item bags and try my luck.

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I had totally forgotten about this site. I used to check woot daily to see if there was a good deal. I haven't ever bought anything there before and I've stopped checking it. I need to get back on it.

8. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    As a regular WOOT shopper I really love the way Deals.Woot.com is set up. Different daily deals, different categories, different side deals. It's a pretty great database to get the things that you need. Now that Amazon is on board it's even better. I'm a prime member so free shipping is always a plus. Prime has paid for itself so many times this year alone.