Work From Home Jobs

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by shoptodrop • Oct 27, 2015.

1. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I have an opportunity to get a babysitter for my kids. I'd like to work from home and make enough that it'd be worth having a babysitter to pay in the first place. Does anyone know of work from home jobs that are fairly easy to get hired at, and that pay hourly? Thanks.

2. wahmkerrie

wahmkerrieNew Member

Threads:
    I homeschool my 5 kids and work from home about 30 hours a week without a sitter. To me it's an expense I can't justify. I just work when they are sleeping or watching something on TV or I trade care. I do Fiverr proofreading, social media for BlogHer, blogging (Google AdSense), Jamberry, Younique and I write ebooks to put on Amazon and articles for parenting magazines. There is so much out there to do!

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Places like Real Ways to Earn Money Online are good places to start because there is feedback from visitors about different companies. If you have a resume, it's good to optimize it with keywords so it can be found in search engines. Like Wahmkerrie said, there are many places to check out, as there is something for almost every skill level.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Working from home is the main reason why most of my writers friends are scouring the internet for websites that pay. From content providing to chores like answering surveys, they earn money although in small amounts only. Maybe it is a good way to earn and you can give it a try. One friend is earning $10 in 4 hours of working by writing blogs.

5. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I was doing surveys for a while. But I got SUPER tired of getting kicked out of the survey 10 minutes in. The only survey sites I love are, Tellwut surveys, Instant Cash Sweepstakes surveys, and InstaGC surveys. I am currently making books as well as comics. I also am improving my drawing style to make art prints on shirts online. I want to make my own website, but I am still getting my content for it set up. These are my current ways so far for earning money.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's really hard finding at home jobs. I been looking into it myself and have been searching for these type of jobs i have found some by google searching at home jobs. Try looking up no scam at home jobs on google it should bring up sites that have some at home job information.

7. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I wish there was a site to get paid hourly online that was legit. All of the sites that I have found are pay per task sits. You have to do things to get the money.

8. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    @wahmkerrie@wahmkerrie Wow! Go you! What an inspiration!! I'll check out the suggestions, thanks so much.

@TheLovingLeah@TheLovingLeah That's great! I wish all the best to you!

#8Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know transcription pays good money, so you might want to try out TranscribeMe and CastingWords. I know TranscribeMe pays $20 per audio hour.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It takes a while to find any online work that is regular, and by it's nature it isn't going to be stable unless you work for a company and work from home. In that case you apply for jobs and then it is like a real job except you are based at home.

Being realistic depending on your skills you need to weigh up how much you can make versus how much you pay the babysitter. Most jobs will be less than minimum wage and also maybe time specific. Call center jobs require specific equipment and also a noise free area, so you can't have kids walking in on you, but they seem to have more openings.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unl
    Unless you are working directly for a company in a work at home position you are probably not going to make enough to hire a babysitter. Take it from me., I have been trying for years. However, if you are a talented person and work very hard it might be possible. Some companies can and do hire home workers though, and in that event you would probably be making enough to hire a babysitter.

12. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Like one of the previous readers mentioned,

is a good place to start. Also try wahm.com. Those are two of my favorite sites for job leads. It's not 'easy' to get hired at any realistic work at home job. There's a lot of competition out there. If you're serious about it, make up a resume, start filling out applications, interviewing, etc... just like you would any other job.