Work Out Programs

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gelsemium • Mar 4, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    More and more workout programs tend to offer the full package, I mean, including nutrition. I do think that exercise and nutrition have to be together and a program like that would interest me. What's your opinion?

2. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Of course they are connected. In fact you can't build muscle without the proper nutrition, no matter how much time you spend at the gym. Actually, maybe you heard it before, but fitness is 70% nutrition and 30% workout, and trust me, this is true.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I am not really sure about those percentages, I am not an expert, but if I had to give a wild guess I would balance it 50-50 because in fact what we eat condition all our life, not only the workout part.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    They are absolutely related. Probably the biggest hurdle for most people trying to lose weight is changing their diet. It's great if someone works out 5 days a week, but if you're still eating fast food 4 days a week, you're not going to be seeing many results.

Diet was/still is the biggest issue I have with trying to stay fit. Its a constant struggle that I always have to be aware of, especially in my family.

5. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I was trying to say that nutrition is more important than working out if you want to get in shape and there is no doubt about it. You can't lose weight without a proper diet, no matter how hard you work in the gym. Also, you can't gain weigh/muscle without a proper diet.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's what I agree with rares, both things come hand in hand, if we are working out a lot we need to give the body the proper fuel or else we can even damage the body instead of getting more fit.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I totally agree with that. What's the use of exercising regularly if you don't even eat healthy and nutritious foods? You are still considered unhealthy and unfit if that's the case. Vice versa, how could a balanced diet be useful if you don't work out and sweat the calories away. These two must always go together.

8. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I think those both are great, but sometimes something that is over-looked is rest and sleep. I know in my younger days I didn't know how much to train, so I always thought more is better. But now that I am older and somewhat wiser I realize I do less now, for better results. I can honestly say I was over-trained all through my 20's.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Could not agree more. A lot of people seem to look at working out as a way of assuaging their feelings of guilt, or try to reverse the effects of their bad eating habits with it, which is illogical when you really think about it. But that does not stop people from going down this route lol. Having muscles, or being skinny does not mean that a person is fit and healthy, which seems to be a common misconception.

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    This very true because a balance nutrition plan along with a good workout will ultimately result in a healthy body. I use to the opposite. I would workout for at least 30 - 40 minutes without eating anything before an exercise session. Not a good choice as my body almost collapse and I was ill for at least 2 months due to the strenuous workouts and unbalance diet. Now I ensure I eat a healthy meal, wait at least 20 minutes and then do a workout.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I feel that nutrition should be taught at school and exercise as well instead of all those obsolete topics that we are taught, like nonsense part of history and so many other details that are not practical.