Workout at home?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Jake • Sep 1, 2014.

1. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure that many of us are glued to the screen for the majority of the week and hardly get a good amount of physical exercise. I am somewhere in between, I have quit my former gym and I have been job hunting the past few days. I usually run constantly when I have the freedom to and lifted at least twice a week. I began to see progress and I am now trying different routines to keep my muscle.

I have tried variations of push ups using chairs and other objects to provide elevation. I have now recently tried "Dynamic Tension" exercises and I do not know how well this will turn out. What have you tried or what are you practicing now?

2. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I payed for a gym membership for quite a while before I finally decided to just quit and save up for P90-X. I usually don't go for any of the dvd programs announced on tv because I tend to think they're just money grabs that don't work at all, but I did some research and it actually looked like it could produce results. So I got the videos, along with a set of resistance bands and got to work. It's without a doubt one of the most exhausting exercise routines I have ever done, I couldn't even get through the first few workouts. Eventually I got better and got some great results though, and I didn't have to deal with driving to the gym anymore.

So, that's my experience, I'm someone who enjoys being at home, and knowing I don't even have to get out of the house to get a good workout motivates me a lot to stop being lazy. The initial investment of buying resistance bands or weights, and also ideally a push up bar might seem like a lot, but it pays out in the end.