World War 3 will be about water do you agree?

Discussion in Water started by nhsososo4 • Nov 3, 2013.

1. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    At present water is one of the most basic essential needs, but due to the change in climate caused by carbon emissions and the contaminated environment everything that was once natural seems to be becoming limited. I am from South Africa one of the countries identified to be water scarce and has a lot of arid regions. People especially in African and Asia are struggling for survival and even getting clean water. Due to that water just like fuel or oil has become a resource the world is greatly focusing on at the moment.

Scientist at present are trying to solve the water problems, as people are even researching on nanotechnology to treat water but the toxicity issues associated with it have left a lot to be desired.

Do you agree that just like fuel, the demand for water might results in a world war if a workable solution is not found by everyone?

2. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    I do not see that ever happening. There is more than enough water to go around, the only problem is that we have not been able to manage our resources well enough to be able to give everyone water and keep it cleaned. I mean if you dig deep enough, you will find water. That to me says that it is a commodity that we have too much of