Worried about credit?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Jessi • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    How worried are you about your credit report? Do you check it frequently for identity theft or changes in your credit score? Or do you forget about it for the most part?

I tend to only think about mine when TransUnion sends out a newsletter or I get a credit card offer that I throw out because I don't want to have too many open lines of credit.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Check it all the time. I'm always good to go but I make it a point to care for things of this nature. I also pay every bill in advance and make sure that no debt is on my back. I really have no idea what made me this way but I just hate the feeling of owing anyone anything. I also equally enjoy the idea of having a credit score that can allow me to do what I would like to do.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was obsessively monitoring my credit score when I was apartment hunting because landlords do a credit check. Now that I have an apartment, I only check my credit score every two months or so, or when Credit Sesame says that my score has changed. I'm not worried about credit right now, but I still have to watch out for identity theft like everyone else.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is suggested that you check your credit often to make sure there are no strange things going on on your credit report. I have a very common name so I always have strange things on my report. I will be checking mine more often because I have to clean up some issues on my report by the end of the year.