Worst Car Problem You Have Had?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by kingusama92 • May 29, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Thread question is in the title.

What is the worst car problem you have encountered in your life. One that you still remember and will never forget due to the circumstances around the car problem or maybe the cost of fixing it.

Everyone has car troubles now and then. Occasionally, there are car troubles that truly make you sweat.

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I was at a social event last week and an owner of a local garage was there. I bought a Lumina Z34 off of him years and years ago. It was a money pit from day one. I had to put a new transmission in it. That was a big ouch. I told him I might be rich I had never bought that crappy car from him.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was several years ago. I was driving my mom's car. The brakes went out while driving down a major street with an incline. It happened in Los Angeles, Ca. I still feel grateful to be alive. I'm not sure how no one hit me. I managed to get into a mall parking lot. I drove into a parking lot wall. Funny thing, it didn't hit me at the time. I was on my way to work and I just caught a bus to my job. I called my mom from work. To this day, I will never buy a Ford. You can't even give me one for free.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    On my truck, once the battery got corroded so it wouldn't start. Another problem involved a situation where the truck's engine would die when it was in a stopping position. Note, however, since I took it to a good oil changing service, the 2nd problem has been solved, so I figure whatever they did purposely or accidently fixed it. In addition, they fixed a problem with the transmission where it would stall and bump.

Anyhow, I cannot really say what was the worst car problem I have ever had.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In January 2013, our 20-year old Honda Civic had manifested overheating. When the mechanic came, it was the water plug that was causing it. But on the next day after a thorough check, a top overhaul was prescribed. It was funny because the estimated cost quoted to us was 60k pesos. And to think that our car was only worth 80k at that time huh. It was fortunate that we were able to get a car loan for a new car and we were able to sell our old car for 85k.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I will backtrack on my former statement. When I was a teenager I slammed the breaks on a rainy road. This totaled my parent's vehicle. Therefore, since it could not be repaired, at least not for a decent amount that was worth it to my parents, I consider it the worst accident. In addition, it could have been worse and lead to an injury or death.

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    It happened last year I guess, I stopped my car in front of a stationery store to purchase some notebooks. It was late evening and all other shops were closed. But when I returned my car was no starting and it was quite an isolated place as there was nobody on the street. Luckily somebody came to the store to buy some stationery items and he happened to be a car mechanic. He told me that the problem seems to be a weak battery so I was asked to try starting the vehicle while he gave a push from behind. The car started all of a sudden. I offered him some cash but he politely refused. I believe it was really God in his outfit.