Worst Movie Ever

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by soultakerkage • Oct 30, 2014.

1. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I know this is probably I late post but I saw the movie "So Above So Below" a few days ago. I has to be one of the worst movies I had every seen! I usually don't mind those shaky camera horror films. In fact, I really love Cloverfield. But the shaky cam was gut wrenching. My wife and I actually did feel sick and dizzy after that movie. Do no watch it!

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the worst movie I've seen recently was Mortal Instruments. It's a movie adaptation of the book of the same title. I've read the book and i didn't even get through the first chapter before i decided that it's a total waste of time. The movie was no difference. I don't really know why people are drawn to this series. The movie is bad and the actors are even worse. I just can't stand it. I've seen the first 15minutes of the movie and decided to go out of the theater with my confused boyfriend in tow. It's that bad.

3. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen my fair share of bad movies over the years, with some being more tolerable over the others, but I'll give the worst movie ever title to this dreadful, nonsensical and boring "horror" movie named Road Train. Watching this probably set my IQ back by several points. The plot was ridiculous to begin with, then it began derailing and by the end you're like what did I just watch? I still want my hours back from watching that filth.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Worst movie I've seen is probably Rollerball. I don't remember much about it but it's the only movie I can remember seeing in theatres that I wanted to walk out of. It wasn't my choice, but I was at the movie with my cousin so I let him pick. Worst $10 bucks I ever spent in my life. A total waste of time and money.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's my worst movie ever, but "Chinatown" had to be the most overrated and dull two hours that I will never get back in my life. I almost fell asleep during the watching. While I was awake, I complained every ten minutes and as I replied to someone who asked, "why don't you just turn it off?" I had to finish because this was supposedly one of the greatest movies of all time and I needed to get it over with as to never be forced to watch it again with someone that insisted I didn't give a full chance.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The worst movie ever, is a blank screen that runs for a few seconds and then ends with the credits. Also, bad and good, is all derive from one's attitudinal reaction to an experience - I enjoyed "As Above, So Below," because I understand the allusions, metaphors, and allegories used in that film, which OP clearly doesn't have a clue about. More over, there have been millions of movies made all over the world of humans, and until any of you have seen them all, how can you seriously imply that any movie is the worst movie when you have not seen all movies ever created?! Yeah, don't use worst or best people, because such use of these words should only be used for experiences that can never be repeated.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I appreciate the warnings of what to avoid. To be honest, I haven't seen a bad movie in a while because I refuse to pay for a movie in a theater unless I know it will be worth the time and money. The rest of the stuff I watch is usually "free" from Netflix, HBO, the Redbox, or the library. If the first 15 minutes doesn't impress me (or I don't know for a fact I need to stick with it) I'll turn a bad movie off.

I avoid horror movies as a general rule. They are all pretty mind-numbingly dumb and I'm not really into gore or being startled.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the Hobbit but that last one was a royal waste of time and money. I couldn't believe I actually sat for three hours trying to figure out what the heck I was looking at. I was very confused when the show was over. I had been telling myself it will get better and to the point but it never did. Maybe I missed it.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's the worst movie I have even seen, but Avengers was pretty bad. It was just a mess. I can't understand why it was so popular. Thank goodness I didn't pay to see it. I was watching it on Netflix. I almost turned it off, but my niece was enjoying it. She was trying to get me to like it, but it bored me to tears.

10. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    There are too many terrible B-grade movies out there and most of them are obscure, so I think that it might be better to focus on Hollywood films that were an absolute flop. I would probably pick King Kong for the title of worst Hollywood movie, it was just way too long and boring. The CGI was also pretty mediocre, worsened by all the slow motion fight scenes. With all the hate of Transformers' animation, I would say that King Kong's it at least 10 times worse.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of bad movies but most of them, the once I saw were bad yes but they're bad because of budget cuts and some set troubles so I think it's forgivable so I think the absolute bad movie of all time for me was every Transformers film Michael Bay did. Granted it's a visual marvel but damn it, with that much budget and all the talented poured into that film, Bay still manages to screw things up. Don't even get me started with TMNT.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst movie I've watched so far is a Chinese movie titled Shaolin temple. I know that there are many movies with the same title but this one was probably the first of many and the worst of them all. The movie opens with the murder of a king and as he dies, he tells his son not to forget revenge. The whole movie is just a bunch of characters reminding each other not to forget revenge as they walk through the countryside and hide in caves. I expected something huge at the end but the much-talked-about revenge comes when the prince stabs his father's murder from behind . . . a cowardly act and the worst way for a movie to end.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was well made technically and a lot of people like it, but I hated Ichi the Killer because of all the ultra gory violence like the mutilation ,rape and the person being bifurcated with a sword. A lot of intellectuals and connoisseurs of Japanese movies call it a great movie but I have a hard time stomaching extremely gory movies where people are chopped up.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, another absolutely terrible movie was the Prince of Persia movie. If you've played the game, you'll realize that the game was a better "movie" than the movie. So many things were changed and it just wasn't as good. I guess that's to be expected because the director hated video games, and his only references for making the movie was him watching his assistant play the game as he jots down some notes. Seriously? You're going to trust this kind of man to direct the movie based what was one of my favorite original Xbox games? It just wasn't as epic or even sexy as its game counterpart. The game was a magical experience, and the movie was sub-par for me. Even as a stand-alone movie, I still wouldn't have found it fantastic.

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Miley Cyrus' movie LOL didn't sit well with me. It's awkward and kind of sub-par. I have an aversion to most horror flicks but if I were to choose the worst of the bunch, then I guess it would have to be Jeepers Creepers (add all the sequels to the equation). The movie was a total fiasco. There was no proper resolution and basically everyone got killed. It takes away every viewer's hope that someone would finally put an end to the creature's existence (it was supposed to recur every 23rd spring for 23 days). I've had enough of these horrific themes.

16. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    The worst movie I ever saw to date was Not Another Teen Movie. It was so unfunny and unoriginal. I know it was a parody of teen movies throughout the late 90s and early 2000s. However, I couldn't believe the script and acting was so bad. I saw it in a movie theatre and walked out before the movie ended. I think I sat there for about 40 minutes and couldn't believe I wasted my money on such crap.

17. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like such horror movies. The Wrong Turn franchise has the villains murder everyone by the end of the movie. Definitely not everyone's favorite kind of plot. I found it annoying at first but got used to it as I watched more of the movies. Anyway I must agree with you that Jeepers Creepers certainly is one of the worst movies ever made. For me it's not the story that I didn't like. The acting was atrocious.

18. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you referring to City of Bones? I watched that movie too and it's a Twilight wannabe. It aims to cater to young audiences (mainly teens) but it fails miserably. Twilight was a lot more fun to watch. City of Bones was just very boring. Story was uninteresting and seems to have been done so many times in the past. It's more like a collection of cliche teen movie sequences. It seems as though those who made the movie were pretty uninspired while they were shooting it. The premise could have been nice though...

19. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with you about this being a pretty poor film. It's one thing being a parody, but it's another thing being a really bad quality parody. It just goes to show how easy it is for some of these movie studios to churn out rubbish that people will still watch.

20. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    The most disappointing movie I saw was "Birth", with Nicole Kidman. I read the premise and got very curious and excited, and then... the movie happened on the screen, and it was just so bad. The acting. The plot. The realism. The fantasy. The dialog. The editing. Everything. Everything.