Worst Movie Theater Food?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Nick2011 • Mar 22, 2013.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    So when you go to the movies, and you decide to stop at concessions and get something to eat. What's the worst item you've ever tasted from there? I have never really had a bad movie theater food experience. I normally avoid what looks gross to me. Like their nachos. I stick with Reeses Pieces in the box, popcorn, and sodas. Although, I notice some theater popcorn is staler or different tasting than others. Also sometimes my local theaters popcorn is not hot at all. It's lukewarm, but the butter makes it hot sometimes. I expect HOT popcorn for those prices. I have never tried Ice Cream or slushees from the theaters either. Might some day this Summer I guess.

2. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like buying food at the cinema..it's usually too expensive compared to buying it from a regular store or supermarket. I just usually buy food outside.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I am the same way when it comes to buying food at the cinema. I think it is too overpriced because in a supermarket a box of chocolate covered raisens are usually two for a dollar and in the
    movie theatre it is about five dollars for one box. I think that is a huge rip off when you add everything up.
    I am someone who comes into the movies with my own chips and drink and candy as well!Haha. I have saved a lot of money by doing this every time.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We don't go to the theater very much anymore so when we do go, we always get the popcorn. Even though it is way overpriced, there is something special about getting the big bucket of movie theater popcorn and loading it up with melted butter and salt. Yeah, I know...not healthy at all but it is delicious!
    The only time we have got ice cream at a theater was the bite sized chocolate coated ice cream bites...those are really good.

5. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Cinema food is just way overpriced. I like taking my own stuff, drinks and candy if I'm going. The worst food I had from our local theater was the popcorn, no butter, no caramel, nothing, just light colored, tasteless fluff. I know it adds to the experience of going to the cinema when you buy their food to eat while watching a movie, but I think taking your own is just as good, if not better.

And I agree with you, HOT popcorn is the bomb. If it isn't served hot then by god what is the point in it.

6. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't remember ever having a bad experience with movie theater food. I always stick to the same reliable ones - popcorn with salt and butter and a soda - and I've been pretty happy with the way the popcorn has always turned out. I don't buy the candy as they are too overpriced or anything else like ice cream, hot dogs, or nachos. I do sneak in a few pieces of chocolate or candy to munch on, but lately we eat a meal at home before going to the movies to save some money and so we won't be as hungry, too.

7. ladybug252

ladybug252New Member

Threads:
    I always take my own food, so glad to see others do too. Once I took a big bunch of grapes and needed to wash them off in the bathroom. As I was getting them out, the bag broke and red grapes went rolling everywhere. You know how women's bathrooms are, CROWDED, so as women were coming in and going out, red grapes were being squashed everywhere. It was just hilarious to most, though we got a lot of dirty looks, too. We cleaned up the mess and enjoyed what I didn't spill of the grapes while others munched on the lousy theater popcorn!

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My brother used to work at a movie theater when he was in college. He used to tell some very scary stories. I haven't eaten theater food since then. I will bring in a small snack to the theater if I feel the need to eat something.

9. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I can only imagine what those stories were and if my imagination is right, you just sealed the deal for me. No more cinema snacks for me, thanks. LOL

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Heh. So um...those stories only apply to the non-boxed and non-wrapped edible items right?;)

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I take my own food in sometimes but it's mostly candy. I am very partial to the soft-candied lifesavers and reeses fast break bars.

Good idea. I sometimes go out to dinner before the movie. So by the time I get there, if I buy anything it's a small fruit drink.

What kind of movie theater doesn't give you popcorn with butter or something? You should complain to the manager.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to the cinema for a while but I can't remember any bad food experience at the cinema. You can't really go wrong with sweets, crisps and popcorn. The worst I've had was probably some Ben & Jerry's ice cream, I didn't enjoy it at all.

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the worst food I had tasted was a hot dog I got that tasted like it was bad and it was just horrible it made me sick to my stomach

14. Michael Brown

Michael BrownNew Member

Threads:
    I hate the smell of foods inside the theatre, its very congested..but i'd love to eat popcorns!

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have never really had any type of theater food that I would consider bad. I guess this is a good thing considering the prices of the food in theaters. To be honest though I have never actually had a hot dog in theaters or even candy there. I usually stick to pop corn or nachos. I once had a soft pretzel there as well. All of these were quite good but once again for the outrageous price they should be.

16. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

In general, when it comes to hot dogs. I stick to eating the ones I microwave myself, or are being cooked at a friends barbecue or gathering. And I know what they're doing to it beforehand. Movie theater hot dogs I don't mess with period!

17. Khronic

KhronicNew Member

Threads:
    Pretty much everything in a movie theater is terrible and overpriced. But to be specific, it has to be the nachos and hotdogs. Those things are so disgusting that it's awful when someone is getting those foods. Though I usually never see it. I never get food at the movie theater because I try to eat before going so I'm not hungry during the movie. If I have to get something to eat I go to the nearby market and get a bag of fun sized candy to munch on.

18. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Yea I would say their hot dogs suck. But I don't even buy theater food, I always bring my own. Way too expensive for a little box of candy I can get at the dollar store.

19. Waektra

WaektraNew Member

Threads:
    I have not been to movies

20. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    Some theater's in my area serve pizza. I thought I'd give it a try one day despite the fact that the purchase total was around $20 (drinks and other snacks) for two people. I already knew that most theater staff are underpaid and unhappy so the popcorn machine is usually grimy. Why oh why did I expect the pizza to be any better? Long story short, we had two bites and chucked it.