Worst online purchase

Discussion in Misc & Others started by GavinMcresty • Apr 30, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    What is the worst thing you have ever bought online? Why was it so bad? Was it a waste of money? Did it not work? Was it nothing like the description? More importantly, did you manage to do something about it? Did you get a refund or return it? Or was the only option to leave a bad review? I have never actually had any bad experiences with online purchases so I am afraid I have no stories to tell. Please share yours though!

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I once bought jewelry off of a site for a cheap price, when it came the item looked really cheap as well. Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting, but the pictures sure made them seem a lot more well made than they are. I didn't bother returning it because I don't think it was falsely advertised, I got what I paid for and it was a mistake, I'm just glad that it wasn't an expensive item.

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a professional manicure nail acrylic drill and the darn thing stop working every couple minutes and overheated like crazy. Finally its just stop working one day. I believed it was one those cheap drills from china though. Because I saw the same drill and it was $25 on a chinese website. I didn't even feel like sending it back, i just will be careful next time.

4. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Wow! That sounds pretty dangerous. It could have caused a fire or just injured someone. If I found something I was using had a problem with overheating, I would just throw it away. It is not worth risking anyone's safety just to get "value for money" out of something.

5. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    For me it was an mp3 player. I bought this some years ago, before I went and got myself an iPod. It was from China, but at the time I was fairly new to eBay and perhaps should have clicked on that the quality may be poor. It arrived 2 months late!!! and when it got here, it was faulty. Basically that was a terrible purchase bought from an un-trusted seller. I learnt from my mistake at least.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well the "worst" item that I bought wasn't really that worse, I just assumed that this earphone adaptor will work on my phone model, since the socket looks the same and I assumed that Sony Ericsson makes them in the same size. Now when I tried to use it, it didn't fit my phone. It was partly my fault though, so now if my phone model isn't listed as one of the compatible devices, then I won't buy the item anymore.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a bottle of cologne on eBay that turned out to be the miniature sized bottle of it, when it arrived in the mail. I should have known it was too good to be true. It was the kind you would get at the drug stores, like 1/4 of an ounce. It was basically my fault for not reading the description closely enough.

8. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a cheap 12$ microphone on amazon a few months back. Just recently, it broke, and all it gives off now is static. Even though it was $12, I thought the quality of the mic would be better. It caught everything, even sounds from my other room. Even the reviews said it was good, but a microphone lasting for about 4-5 months doesn't seem so great to me. I ordered a replacement mic which is coming on Saturday.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I bought these Burger King meal cards and it turned out the owner of a certain Burger King would not accept. Also, another bad purchase involved two StemPowered.com gift cards that did not work. However, I think a third party may have stolen them from me in that case. Anyway, in regards to the meal cards, if they are accepted they are a tremendous way to save money. However, messing around with them is too risky.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I still had no experience so bad that it was worth commenting on because they were just a few ones and all of them without major importance, so... I'm still very happy - so far - with my online shopping. :D

11. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Well the list is endless for me as I've made so many bad buys. I bought a christmas tree once with gorgeous lights. It looked lovely in the picture but when I got it the base was cracked. They sent me a new one but even then the lights didn't work for long so I feel it was a bad buy and wasn't cheap.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I study carefully any site at which I plan to make purchase. Money doesn't come easily most times and for that reason I am very careful on sites I spend money so I don't get counterfeit or inferior items. I go through reviews from persons that have used a particular site before I make a purchase from same store. Good so far I can't point at any terrible online purchase.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any horrible experiences yet in online shopping and I hope I never do of course. The only bad things that have happened to me in online shopping is that the purchase won't go through or that I had to cancel an order because the site wasn't responding properly. Other than that my purchases have been great and I am happy shopping online when I can.

14. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Well, I didn't, but my aunt ordered one of those straightening brushes not too long ago. At least the plug was ok, most complaints are about the power cord not working. But the brush stopped working pretty quickly. Plugged it in, waited until it heated up and then it began smelling like burned wire. Didn't turn back on after we unplugged it. Thankfully she didn't get to use it, who knows what would have happened.

15. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My first online purchase is the worst. But you can see that I did not stop there because I continued purchasing online although with caution. The blue garden hose was cheap that’s why I had the urge to click the buy icon. And truly, it was a fairly good garden hose with a variety of water style like shower and jet. It’s easy to story because the hose shrinks when not in use and expands when the water pressure is strong so you get a longer hose. However, it did not last a month when it developed a small leak in the middle that later on became a big hole where water was escaping. I was really disappointed. On my next purchase, I ordered from another dealer. Fortunately, it was better than the first one.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    My worst experience was on Ebay. The courier company which the seller used didn't shipped in my city. So they used another company. And they also didn't wanted to provide the service. It took me 15 days to get the delivery for product which should take 2 days. Another experience with the Flipkart, where the delivery was so bad that I did not get the right product. Also when I did get the product on replacement it was faulty. So I think with e-commerce things do happen like this.