Worst Return Policies

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by steph84 • May 23, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Which stores have you had horrible returns with? My favorite return policy has to be with Zappos. I bought shoes from them and they were a bit too big, so they sent me a label free of charge to send them back and even shipped out the right size for free. Talk about customer service. Has anyone had a horrible return policy that made you pay for the shipping when you had to exchange online? I have my reservations about buying clothes online because of this reason.

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I think Target's return policy sucks! Not necessarily if YOU made the purchase because if you have a receipt its ok. But we registered there for our wedding and got several repeat gifts. You could clearly see on teh registry that we registered for 2 gifts and got 3 or 4. Target wouldn't allow us to return the gifts even fors tore credit because we didn't have a gift receipt.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Wow. I have not had any bad experiences with returns...not yet, at least. Our stores are pretty good like that. I have bought a number of things online too and they all acted with integrity.

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    For me the policy is the ones which require the items to be new in the box still even if they do not work! I mean how are you supposed to know the item does not work unless you try it. I had this issue with one store and do not shop at the store anymore and thankfully it is out of business now!

5. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    The best return policy hands down is walmart. Even if you didn't buy the item there, if they sell it they will accept the return. If you don't have a receipt they only give you the $ that they are selling it for at that moment but still, something is better than nothing.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Any stores that make you pay the shipping fee back to the original country. My local post service charges a LOT to send an item overseas!

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I had a horrible return experience once at Charlotte Russe - the clothing. I bought a cute top which I tried on at the store and it fit just fine. When I put it on at home it ripped at the seam. I went back to the store and explained my situation and they told me that it was probably too small for me. I assured them that wasnt the case because I tried it on before purchasing it and the lady wouldnt let me return it. I asked for a manager and even tried on the same exact shirt in the same exact size at the store to show the lady that it did infact fit just fine and she still refused to refund me my money insisting that I must have treated it roughly. She wouldn't even give me a store credit or exchange the shirt for another one of the same kind because it was a damaged good and she couldn't resell it. I left the store extrememly upset - needless to say I never shopped there again.

8. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Never had a bad experience with returning items.

Wal Mart is class when it comes to returning items. There are times when even I felt the product would be rejected due to the condition it was being returned in. However, the people working there did not even bat an eyelid.

Money was returned, immediately. I suppose when the business is that large, it does not matter.

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    The worst return policy I faced was when I bought something on Ebay. And the guy told a lie about the description of an item I personally emailed him about and he confess that he made a mistake and i was right, but he wanted me too pay to ship it back. I said no way, you pay and you give me all my back. He didn't so I sent PayPal a message and they got my back and I got to keep the product.

10. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I don't shop anywhere if there isn't a full money back policy. One of my favourire favourite return policies is at MEC in Canada. Return any item, any time if you are not satisfied with the product.

I bought expensive hiking boots, took them on a trip to 5 different counties and found they weren't made of tough enough materials. I continued to wear them and returned them when I got home for every penny I paid.