Worthwhile Souvenirs?

Discussion in Travel started by hellavu • Jan 18, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I know that when we buy souvenirs for ourselves, we alone know the value it will have for us in the future. However, when buying souvenirs for loved ones, what do you look for? Something cheap but representative of the country? Something that they will be able to use? Any trinklet that shows you thought of them? An actual speciality of the place you've visited?

Judging from the reactions of the people you've given souvenirs to, what do you think were hits or misses?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    From a recipient's viewpoint I would like to receive an souvenir definitely made in the country, state visited. I've purchased a great big fat pencil and t-shirts with Arkansas on it. We bought beach towels that had pictures of dolphins and said Virginia Beach, VA. These were all inexpensive souvenirs. There are many inexpensive choices in gifts shops if you can find one. Sometimes gas stations have neat items too.

3. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I have found clothes, specially ones representative of the places visited, are excellent and effective souvenirs. The more they last, the better, as it makes the one receiving them as if they had a piece of another state, city or country.

Fridge magnets are a nice souvenir if the person you'll be giving it to does like them. My grandmother has her fridge covered with lots of magnets brought by our family from different places in the world, and she loves them.