Would You Buy From A Catalog If You Were Pre-approved?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Feb 3, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I know that online shopping probably comes in a very close second to actually shopping in the stores but would you buy something from a catalog like Fingerhut or Montgomery Ward or any pre-approved credit offer?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased from Fingerhut one Christmas for gifts. One of the gifts was ok the other gift pots and pans where not the quality I wanted for the price I paid. My problem with shopping from catalogs and online you can not really see the quality of the item until you have it in your hands.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have a membership for credit with Seventh Avenue and Home at Five. Both are the same type of catalog shopping credit companies as Fingerhut and I have purchased some really nice things from both places. You do have to be careful and research the products before you buy them because some of the items sold at these companies can be cheaply made.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did Fingerhut once when I was young and stupid. In retrospect, the sketchy kitchen stuff I bought from them was not worth the debt and I could have found better kitchen stuff at Walmart. The interest and fees are not worth it.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen what Finger hut has to offer and a lot of it is cheap junk for sure. The places that I do credit purchasing from offer really nice items for sale. I purchased a TFal skillet recently for less than $50 and the thing cooks food like a dream. You just have to be picky and really pay attention to what you are buying.

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I would. I have a number of times already. I've had more good outcomes than bad. Fingerhut is how I originally established my credit. I've been looking into getting involved with them again.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've received catalogues from all of these mentioned, and it does seem that Seventh Avenue and Home at Five are the higher end of them. I, too, have purchased from Fingerhut and the ones similar to it, and have had some issues with quality and durability with regard to both furniture and electronics, so I wouldn't use those companies again, although i would still purchase from Seventh Avenue and Home at Five.

8. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to add lines of credit, even pre-approved ones. Plus, most of those pre-approved credit offers have bad interest rates or in the case of fingerhut are only mediocre products. I tried fingerhut when I was young and stupid but I wouldn't do it again.

9. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    The Pyramid Collection and BudK have never give3n me any kind of issues. I always get what I order, before the date they guesstimated date, and it is always exactly what I ordered. They are the most trustworthy catalogs, in my opinion.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:No I would not buy, because if I did not request the credit card purchase I'd be skeptical. If you want to buy something from the two companies go to the site directly and look for a while and see what it has to offer you. Ask your search engine if the particular offer is going on & see what comes up. Most shops don't have the kind of offer you speak of and it could be a phishing expedition by scammers. FBI.gov has the latest on scams going on in our country. Never & I repeat never give information especially when it's an offer such as you mentioned. Check & check again online. Go directly to site and see what's gong on at the moment. Most shops online or brick & mortar have sales only and you bring your own credit card or cash to purchase. In store as you purchase they'll ask if you'd like to join their store credit card and offer a discount usually.

11. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    With all of these companies sharing and selling your information, its impossible to avoid the pre-approved catalogs. when I get one that has something I'm interested in, I know its a risk. But it doesn't always turn out bad. I remember getting a catalog in the mail that was nothing but different catalogs you could order. I've been hoping they would send me another one, But I lost their info a very long time ago.