Would you buy from a new store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by OsvaldoLuis • Jul 7, 2012.

1. OsvaldoLuis

OsvaldoLuisNew Member

Threads:
    There are alot of people that dont like to buy from new stores because they think the company may scam him, would you buy from a new store?I personaly would if the stores has good offers and discounts.

2. psmith140

psmith140New Member

Threads:
    Perhaps

but I'm always sceptical about new stores. I like to buy from a place because I know the quality and service I am getting. But having said that, if there is a really good offer on I probably would be interested. You can never turn down a bargain!

3. OsvaldoLuis

OsvaldoLuisNew Member

Threads:
    Yes i agree with you, if there is a really good offer i would get if even if i get scammed.Or you can always look on internet for people reviews and all of that stuff.

4. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I would, BUT I would make sure to look at the return policy too. If no return policy exists, I usually am very cautious about what I buy from that store.

5. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what the new store is selling. If it is a brand new family owned grocery store then I would happily buy from them if they had reasonable prices. If it was a new store for electronics or any big-ticket items then I would be skeptical since a lot of things go wrong with electronics and it is nice to have a reliable super-store like Best Buy for technical problems since they will most likely cover you more than the new and smaller store would.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Sure, if the price was right and whatnot. Generally if you're buying a product, you can tell whether it's somewhat legit or not, so while yes, there's the potential to be ripped off, it's not like you're going to be buying super expensive items from a brand new store anyway. It's probably going to be pretty basic stuff.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what the store is. Electronics I am very picky with and don't like many places for them. Grocery stores or general stores I would definitely buy from or a mom and pop convenient store. I got a great deal shopping at Bottom Dollar Food on their grand opening day. They gave out free bags of food and everything, plus coupons and big discounts. They were a new store and turned out to be a great store, but they are also a grocery store.

8. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    As long as the item I'm purchasing is a really good deal, I'm happy to purchase from a new store. I bought some vitamins for my kids the other day from a newer store and got a fantastic deal! Sometimes these new places only offer the great deals temporarily to drum up new business, so I say get it while the getting is good ;)

9. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I would buy from a new store no problem

I do it all the time as it is anyway. Plus you have to look at it this way. Every store was new at once time or another.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Why wouldn't I buy from a new store if they are selling merchandise that I am familiar with? Even if there is an issue with the store, I can always go through the manufacturer to get something done, but most new stores wouldn't make the situation difficult for their customers as they are trying to build a consumer base, so I'm back to "why not?"

11. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    If there's a store that is new in town, I wouldn't quickly go to it. Even if it has deals and spectacular discounts. I would wait for a bunch of other people go and then hear results about their customer service, what they really have to offer and more. I'm not usually skeptical about new shops, I am just more of a person who goes towards larger brand places.

12. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    It depends on what kind of store we're talking about. My thoughts mirror a lot of the other members here. If it were a grocery store or gas station, I would have no issue shopping there. They're selling a manufacturers product that I would get a Kroger's anyway, so there really is no difference, but if it were a resturant, I'd be a little more hesitant. I'd probably have no qualms about shopping at a new clothing store as well. Specially if they have a return policy that leaves me open ended in the off chance that I don't care for the item I just purchased.

13. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone has to start somewhere - there will always be a "first" time so I try not to think about possible scams. I would, as someone else said, check the returns policy, as they can offer vary greatly between shops. I may also ask my friends if they had shopped there and whether they liked it, although I would still want to try it out myself.

14. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Like what many are saying, whether I would buy from them or not depends on what sort of store they are. If they are selling things such as groceries, produce, household wares (utensils, plates, floor mats etc.) or clothing, I don't see why I wouldn't especially if the prices are cheap! These stores usually boasts huge discounts and give away loads of freebies on their opening day! If however the shop is offering electronics, services such as a travel agency, remittance services, I would be wary of them and stay away until they have established themselves to be genuine and trustworthy. I just don't like the idea of trusting new shops and buying expensive items from them only to realise I've been cheated! Who knows where their goods are from and if they are just a bogus company out to make a quick buck!

15. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I got nothing against buying in new stores, but they actually have very inflated prices, no matter what kind of store it is, if it's new, the prices will be high in the beginning and will begin to go down some months after the grand opening :)

16. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I think for the most part, the ONLY thing the new store has to worry about is competitive pricing. Because for the most part, people will go to the new place out of curiosity.

17. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    It generally depends on the items for me. If I'm only going to buy a bag of potato chips, then I'll happily walk into a new family owned convenience store and buy it. Even if I do get ripped off, I'm not spending all that much on it, and it could end up being a great deal! This happened when the local family owned grocery store closed down and I needed a convenient place to buy some cheap food.

If it's with anything pricier, then I'm a bit wary about what I end up purchasing and may dig into some research before actually buying there.

18. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love new stores and do not hesitate to shop at one. It is also good if they are not attached to the big names...the little guy needs a foot in. If there is a good refund policy...just in case and I like the 'feel', I do not hesitate. First, I will try them out with small products...and if I like it I will go back and eventually trust them with bigger ticket items.

I love new stores!

19. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    This is a tricky question because I want to support new businesses, but I don't know if they understand everything that goes into a successful business. It's one thing to go to school for business, and it another thing from actually owning and running your own. I haven't bought anything from a new business because I was afraid to, but if the deals were good then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

20. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I would buy from a new store. However, the store would be paid in cash. After it had been around for awhile I would not mind using a credit card.