Would You Buy The Wrong Size Clothing If It Was Cheaper?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Feb 10, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've done this a few times personally. I've bought larger sizes than I needed, then altered them myself to make them fit better, although sometimes this isn't always necessary if you're just going to be sitting around The House in tops a little larger than you'd normally buy for example.

On the the hand I wouldn't go for anything smaller than I need because I'd rather not be wearing anything uncomfortable.

2. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I do not usually purchase clothing that does not fit. If I did, it would end up sitting in my closet for a year or so, until I decided to get rid of it. I can see the value in purchasing clothing that is too large and then altering it to fit, however, I would rather spend the time searching for a great deal on something in my size that I know I will wear.

3. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends. If I can still be comfortable in it, then yes I'd buy a different size. But I highly doubt I would. Ever since my body has changed after having kids, I have to make sure I have the right size so that I'm comfortable. Nothing too tight, nothing too loose.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It happened at Walmart and I did buy the wrong size, but it was so cheap I couldn't pass it by, so I bought it though it was the wrong size. I love t-shirts and like them cheap. I go to locally, Savers, Goodwill or Salvation Army to get good deals on t-shirts or other clothing, so when i saw the price at Walmart for brand new t-shirt I bought it though it was the wrong size, just a little too small. T-shirts can be stretched so I didn't mind it and luckily this t-shirt is stretchable!

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy anything that is not my size even if it is cheaper than usual. It would either end up taking a space in my closet until such time that I give it away to someone who could fit in it. It would still be a waste of my money even if it is on sale since I wouldn't be able to enjoy using it anyway.

6. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    Wrong size cheaper clothing!! ... Hhhhhhhmmmmmm... I think for that, there is no better option than alibaba.com.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it is to large I can fix that. Now I know how to alter the too small shirts or dresses so that I have a one of a kind item yes I will purchase the item. Pinterest is a good source of ideas on how to make clothes that are either too small or two large work for you and save money.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't do that unless there is no other choice for that particular design. If it's just for regular clothes I'd probably just wait until I could find one my size that's on sale. I just personally don't want the trouble of altering it myself or having it altered at a shop. If the item was expensive and I knew I could just get it altered for cheap and still end up getting a goo deal out of it I'd consider it but that's about it.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think I would purchase clothes that do not fit me just because they are cheaper because they would just end up being stored in the closet and not being used, so why would I waste the money, right? Unless I intend to have them as gifts.

10. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I actually loved bigger size tops before, back when I wasn't a mom yet and my body type can handle it. Now, if I were anything that big or baggy, it just makes me look larger. I find that wearing fitting clothes for my size is better after I gave birth since it makes me look thinner or at least my size.

If the clothes are just for lounging around, why not? I am actually more comfortable sleeping in large clothes rather than fitted clothes. I even sleep with my husband's white shirts that he doesn't use anymore since they are comfy to sleep in.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suppose if the clothes were too big and I knew a tailor who could resize them and after paying him/her I'd still have saved some money then I most definitely buy those oversized clothes. I wouldn't buy clothes that were smaller than the standard size because at some indefinite time I might be able to squeeze myself into them [when I shed some pounds]. Many who try that often waste their money because it can be really hard to slim down unless you fast for 20 or so days.

12. jamesfende

jamesfendeMember

Threads:
    depends how many sizes too big and also what it is, buying t-shirts too big isnt a massive issue but obviously youve got to draw the line somewhere no matter what the price! wouldnt want to be walking round with my jeans falling down, not a pretty sight!

13. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a definitely no for me because... wait a minute. A smaller size is a waste of money but maybe a size bigger can be all right because I can wear it when I gain weight. But I don't remember buying a dress with a wrong size because my policy is that any clothing item should be fit so a wrong size is not possible. But for the younger generation like the teenagers, it is okay to buy a size larger for they will still grow.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Only if I could actually wear it as is, for example get a bigger size and wear it baggier, or if they tá slightly tight but I know it will get looser with time.
    Also I had a habit of buying smaller sized to motivate me to lose weight but I don't do that anymore because it never works!

15. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    Hi Cocolgooh. I do the same as well. If there is like a super deal involved, I will not hesitate in taking advantage of them if I really like the item and know that I will use it. If it's to small I won't buy it. It's not like I loose a bunch of weight on a constant basis LOL. When it comes to shoes, I will only resort to buying up to half a size smaller depending on the material it's made off. If it looks like it will stretch with a shoe stretcher then I'll buy it, but if the show is larger I won't, unless it's flip flops to use around the house.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have done this. I mean sometimes clothes shrink a bit when washed and dried anyway, so having bigger sizes doesn't matter a great deal. I bought some sweatshirts I really liked even though they were about two sizes too big because the price was right. You can always wear clothing under neath it anyway...and just use it for layering.

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really tempted sometimes, if I really like a product & it's only available in another size or if it would save a lot of money. But for the most part, no, I won't buy clothes in the wrong size because to me that isn't really a good buy and so it isn't really saving myself anything.

18. elguz

elguzNew Member

Threads:
    I am not sure about this. I still prefer to buy the right size but I also have to make sure that it is at a reasonable price. Although doing alterations could work, it requires additional effort . I might be spending less in terms of funds but if I have use more of my time and effort, it is not a totally win-win situation for me. Kudos to those who find great deals with wrong size but cheaper items.

19. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do this all of the time. I usually buy clothes that are too big and then I just make a few minor alterations. I can't really do this with clothes that are too small. There are some older vintage clothes that you can let a few seams out to make them larger, but usually not with new pieces.

20. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think I could do this. I think I did this once, I bought a t-shirt that was one size too big and I thought I would still wear it and it turns out I never did. I was hoping that I could shrink it and I couldn't so it just sat in my dresser. So even though it was a good price it wasn't a good deal as I never wore it. I just ended up giving it away. I try and be more careful now when I buy clothes. I only buy clothes I know I can wear straight off the rack.