Would You Pay For A Dating App?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by roydominic33 • Sep 11, 2015.

1. roydominic33

roydominic33New Member

Threads:
    I know there are tons of dating applications on Android and IOS. But there seems to be quite a handful of people who actually take money from their pocket in order to have more "privileges" on a number of dating apps. I want to know your thoughts. I personally would never spend money on such things but maybe it makes sense for other people's perspective.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    No, no no no, a thousand times no. I actually just deleted my one and only dating profile permanently. I haven’t given up on dating as a whole, mind you, but I’ve learned the hard way that dating sites/apps simply do not work for someone with my personality. Actively looking for people to date was making me more miserable than just living my life and saying “Whatever happens, happens.” So since it really isn’t a high priority for me at the moment, it would be a total waste of my hard-earned bucks to drop it on a dating app.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of online dating, to be honest. I much prefer to meet people the 'conventional' way, trhough friends, events etc Even if I weren't married, I'd sooner remain single than turn to online dating sites. It's just a personal preference, not to say I'm dead set against people doing it. I always say each to their own, whatever works for you.

4. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Naw. I'm married, for starters, so I'd be in some deep trouble if I tried to go that route, but even if I weren't I wouldn't turn to an app. Too often they seem more geared towards sucking away your money and less towards allowing you to actually meet people who might be a good fit.

I also can't help but wonder what kind of repercussions you might face for having a membership sit idle for several years, then be discovered by a spouse. The whole Ashley Madison thing raging right now has probably put a considerable dent in the reputations of 'dating' sites worldwide.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most paid dating sites are scams so I think any dating app you'll be paying for won't be any better.

I've never been someone who spends money on anything when there are free alternatives. I'm not interested in online dating so I wouldn't know if there are free dating apps but I'm certain that there are a few and those are the ones I would use. Finding love shouldn't cost a penny

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't pay for a dating application, and my reasons for that are: you can find someone to date online even if you aren't really looking for it at the time. You can go into any free forum and start getting to know someone. I have developed friendships like that over the years. Some of them could have developed further. Also, there are free places to meet people online. Why would I pay?

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are so many apps that are free, why would you pay for something that has no guarantee? You pay for dating sites so that you can send messages and reply for a given time. I don't think apps unless they are included in the subscription are worth it for the user. Most apps see are just another way to get money off people.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. I'm wary of dating online through apps or sites. I know that for some people this has worked and they have found their soulmates through them. But it's just not for me. I'm a traditional type of woman that would rather meet someone personally. See how he acts and talks in person. Get to know him through dating in real life. See his flaws and not just see how he acts through chatting.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly. I have always thought of those who pay for dating applications or websites as novices to the internet, somewhat? It is like they do not know any better and have not learned the ropes, oblivious to how easy it is to meet people to date online for free, so they just pay thinking that that's just how it works.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some pay because they believe that those who actually pay to be on a dating site are more serious than say those who aren't paying anything. While in theory yes, it's more likely that someone who pays for a dating app might be more interested in finding love than those who use free apps, it doesn't work that way most of the time though. A psycho wouldn't mind paying for an app . . . if that will make it easier for them to find their victims.

11. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    Me personally I would never in a million years pay for a dating app especially since there are so many dating apps that are free and don't cost anything. Not to mention I do not see the point of paying for a dating app. Like paying for a dating service doesn't guarantee a match or meeting your soul mate.

12. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I'd ever consider a dating app, free or paid for. Whilst I don't see anything wrong with it at all, I just couldn't be bothered to go through all those dates. It could get quite expensive. I met my ex online, back in the days of Faceparty but the guy I'm with now, I met him in the pub.

13. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    No, why would you pay for a dating app anyway? Why would you need a dating app? I know people are having a hard time getting dates and all but come one, you don't need an app for that, let alone pay for one. Besides, what kind of 'privileges' would you get if you pay for the app anyway? Better chance of getting a date? I just don't see the hook on this one.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely would not. I have only used a dating app once before in my life (I was pretty lonely!) And I did not like the experience at all. All men in there were just looking for that. You could clearly see it by their talks. It didn't last long. Thankfully I found my boyfriend off-line and we are together for over year! I wouldn't use free or paid dating apps.

15. Harlek

HarlekMember

Threads:
    Sounds like a bad idea. I mean there are tons and tons of free dating apps out there so why would you? Also how is that going to work? I mean you pay for a better chance of getting dates? That sounds like a scam right there. I've never used a dating app before so who knows, maybe there are some 'special' features to that app but still it sounds terrible.

16. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    What are those privileges? I'm curios about that. I've never used a dating app before and I would probably not use one ever but I'm just curios as to how those premium privileges work? Do they get to have a quick match thing? Like an instant date or something?

As for paying for the app, then it's a bad idea. I don't know maybe people feel the need to but I think it's a bad idea to pay for dating apps since you can get a lot of free similar apps and besides, it's more fun to just go out there and meet people.