Would you rather be too hot or too cold?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by cheesecake • Sep 30, 2012.

1. cheesecake

cheesecakeMember

Threads:
    I have always discussed this with some people in my life. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Personally, I think I'd rather be too cold. I could always do exercises to warm up a bit and it wouldn't be too bad. Perhaps I could use a blanket or put on more coats. I think being too hot would be bad because there isn't that much you could do besides take off your layers and not move at all.

2. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm the same way, I would rather be to cold. Winter is my favorite season and most of the time I can't stand summer because it's just too hot to enjoy anything outside. I hate feeling suffocated and clammy. At least if I'm cold I can just grab a sweater or blanket.

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I feel the same way. You can alway layer on more clothes, move around more to increase circulation, build a fire, etc... But when you are too hot, there are only some many clothes you can take off, unless you are in the privacy of your own home. ;) I am miserable when I am too hot. Having hot flashes during the summer makes it three times as bad.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the hot/warm weather. Cold weather makes me want to stay inside wrapped up in blankets or heavy sweaters. I lived in the Northwest area which can get very cold with very long winters. I like the areas that have short winters and mild weather.

5. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer hot, I hate the cold. I feel more aches and pain during the winter due to a injury I had a few years ago.

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Too cold.
    If you are cold, you can always wrap up and get nice and warm.
    When you are hot you can fan all you want to, but it will still be miserably hot.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would rather be too cold. I don't like the cold, but it's easier to get warm than it is to cool down from the heat. When I'm too hot, I'm just miserable. I also think that I'm generating my own heat so I really don't want to add to it.

8. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I hate cold weather, I rather have warm weather year around. I hate feeling uncomfortable in cold weather. I just love it feeling the breeze outside and watching cars go by, you can't do that in the cold.

9. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather be too cold as well because you can always add layers. I know you can use fans etc to cool down but when I am too hot I get grumpy and I will do pretty much anything to avoid that! :)

10. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Same here guys! I think that when it's cold. it is quite easy to get warm and in a way that you will not be spending too much cash. When its cold, you could just warm up as what others have said. By doing exercise you will not just be warmed up but also you burn calories. :D ON the other hand when it's hot the tendency is to spend more electricity to cool you down. :D

11. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    I prefer cold temperature because you can always do something about it like wearing thick clothes to keep you warm or drink hot beverages but if it's hot even if you turn on the aircondition it will just make your electric bill increase

12. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country, so I choose to be too hot. Cold temperatures and I don't go along. I get cold easily and feel much more miserable compared to being stuck in a hot weather.

13. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    I sleep better in the cold, but overall, I'd rather be too hot than too cold. The cold weather get's me sick easier. I don't blame the weather itself, however, when my core temperature starts to lower, it's harder for me to fight diseases. I especially find this annoying when trying to workout in winter and get sick the next day.

14. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely rather be too cold. I can cover up, put more clothes on, etc. Being too hot is just uncomfortable.

15. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather be too cold. At least I can put on layers or get under a blanket or something. There's only so much naked that one can become before you're stuck, well, naked, sweaty, and still hot.

16. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather be to cold. You can always warm up with a hot bowl of soup, hot tea or hot cocoa and a blanket. Being hot is very miserable in my opinion. It's a lot harder to cool off than it is to warm up.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would rather be too hot usually. While I know that I can put on more layers when I'm cold, I have trouble warming up. Once I get too cold, I'm guaranteed to start sneezing and it takes a long time for me to stop. I don't seem to warm up for quite a while and I just hate that feeling.

18. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer it to be a nice 75 degrees all the time. Living in the northeast, this isn't a possibility. That being said, I would rather be cold than hot, not that I am a fan of either. At least when your cold you can keep layering until you at least get comfortable. It might restrict your movement, but you can keep warm. Being hot is another story. I hate it when it so hot you sweat while sitting, nude or otherwise. Give me a few blankets and I'll take the cold.

19. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'd rather be too cold, because it's so much easier to warm up than to cool down. Once you're hot, it's very difficult to cool down. A hot drink or extra, but even a cold shower may not be effective in cooling you down. Also, when you're hot, you're lethargic, so nothing gets done. Being cold is better for productivity.

20. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather be too cold than too hot i can't stand the heat at all i do pretty well with cold i don't really like it but it's way better than being so hot to the point where you're dripping sweat