Would you ride a motorbike?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Peninha • May 20, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it's obvious that riding a motorbike is more convenient to avoid traffic, but at the same it's more dangerous too. Would you ride one or do you ride one? What are the biggest advantages and disadvantages when comparing to a car?

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    What I hate about car is that I get to be stuck on traffic especially if every stop light turn red. The motorbike rider can sometimes be annoying if they stay in the middle of the road blocking while you in a car wants to overtake.

If I have to use motorbike, I'd really be fast, dirt bike would be my preferred one.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The main issue for me regarding motorbikes is safety. The cars have bumpers, the motorbikes don't and the bumper ends up... being you! Sure, we are never free from an accident, but motorbikes seems far more dangerous.

4. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Been riding for 6 years. Motorcycles are very dangerous. Cars are out to kill you. Girls are attracted to status, do you really want to hang with a girl who's idea of status is a motorcycle?

Bikes are for those who are realistic about the risk and just have to ride anyway, they are for people who love the feel of acceleration and agility and getting into the zone and digging the ride. If you just want to save gas or think you can get girls then you are better off buying a mini cooper.

5. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a problem when it comes to riding a motorcycle, I look at these as being the dangerous vehicle on the rode. I dont think that I would like ride or even own a motorcycle to dangerous.

6. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    I already do and have been for the last two years. Having a motorbike is just so handy, it's the flexibility of a bike with the speed of a car, plus you don't have to pedal so that's a bonus too. When you have a motorbike you never have to worry about finding a parking space and you never get stuck in a traffic jam. They're also so much more fun that driving a car. I've had some of the most exhilarating moments of my life, speeding along an empty road alone on my motorbike.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, curious enough, my brother-in-law just bought a motorbike for the first time in his life. He has just turned 50 years old, so I don't know if this is some sort of middle age crisis lol or if he just felt like it, what I do know is that my 19 year old nephew was super happy with that, sure, having a bike around the house will make it a lot easier for him to ride it. :)

8. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I waited my whole life to get a scooter and wish I had done it sooner! The gas mileage is amazing and the fun factor is through the roof. You should avoid heavy traffic with a scooter though, cars are so neglagent towards anything on two wheels. It is total disregard if you ask me.

9. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    I love riding my motorbike. I save so much time in traffic jams, I never have to find a space and they're so much funner than cars. I love the thrill I get zooming down the road on my bike. It's exhilarating, I get a thrill every time I go on my bike which actually makes commuting kinda fun.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the biggest advantage I see in motorbikes IrishLad, you do save a lot of time in the traffic and you also save a lot of time and eventually money when parking. The big downside is security, I mean, you have no bumper in the bike, in case of an accident you are the bumper and that can cost you your life. It's a tough choice.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It's probably the most convenient way to travel but I'm not really a bike person, I still prefer cars even though their a pain in the ass (quite literally) when you're stuck in traffic. I don't think I have the guts to ride a motorbike though, I'm pretty reckless when it comes to driving (and by reckless I mean very impatient) so I don't think riding a motorbike to work would be the best for me. But I wouldn't say no to a pedal bike though.

12. Lenna

LennaNew Member

Threads:
    Not all of us are attracted to status. No more than men are.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My previous partner had a motorbike and we used to go on many trips together on it. I liked it, since he is a very careful and experienced driver who wouldn't take any unnecessary risks. But, admittedly, my preferred mode of long distance travel is in something more substantial. Even though I enjoyed our outings, there were some tricky situations on the road that made me a little apprehensive.

14. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I would be scared to ride a motorbike anywhere far. Considering I have to ride in the bike lane. People are crazy when it comes to driving anyways. Always swerving in the bike lane. You see it every day! At least it's a heck of a gas saver.

Personally be safe if you will ride one. Don't ride on the sidewalk or you may get a ticket.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, sure that it's not advisable to go to the sidewalk, but that is applicable to cars too. :) My main thing with motorbikes it security and more, I hate when I see a kid hanging to a grown up in a motorbike, the kid is literally holding his life with his hands and I think that is just too much responsibility for a kid. I would never do it.

16. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would never want to ride a motorbike. I is think that this too many dangers out there. I trust myself as a driver and I see myself as a successful person if I were to take on the motorbike. The challenge for me is other drivers. Whenever I'm driving my car I really don't trust them and they a lot of things that they do that seem to put me in danger. So for me facing those challenges and dangers on a motorbike would be even more scary for me. I would find myself not enjoying my journeys and eventually I feel something bad would happen to me and I would be overly expose on a motorbike to all these dangers.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The motorcycle looks so cool. They save on gas and can move around in traffic alot faster than a car. I do not and will not ride a motorcycle. It is way to dangerous and a risk that I am not willing to take.

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, it has it's pros and cons, but above all I don't want to risk my life in a motorbike. More, it scares me to see kids hanging there like I said in my previous post. Having this said I understand why quite a few people love them, it has to be a great sense of freedom, and sliding between the traffic without stopping must be something really cool too. :)

19. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I have considered riding one at some point in my life due to heavy traffic that I was facing daily. Not to mention the ease of parking. There IS always some space for motorbike parking practically anywhere you go. But the cons outweighed the pros. First, I am of the female specie and small in built, so I am an easy target. A single push would throw me out of my motorbike and they can get away with it. Thank goodness for telecommuting, I don't have to physically commute on a daily basis.

20. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    No I would never ever ride one of those things. My husband is an officer. He has to clean up the bodies of these people weekly because they get hit by a drunk or because these bikes like to speed and cut through traffic. Of course I wouldn't do dumb stuff like that, but I still wouldn't because though majority of crashes are caused by the person riding the bike, quite a few are still done by bad drivers in cars.