Would you switch or would you stay?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by tinyfang • Mar 23, 2014.

1. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Over where I live, we have a few internet service providers: Bell, Rogers, Shaw and Telus. The only one available in my specific area has been Shaw. However, recently we got notice that Telus was offering internet and they have some special packages as well. Alas, we turned down the offer because we already have been using Shaw for most of the years we've lived here.

What would you have done? Would you have switched or would you have stayed because it would have been a hassle to switch?

#1Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    You should only switch internet providers if you're guaranteed a higher speed for a similar or cheaper price. Unfortunately, the providers you mentioned aren't very well-known so I can't comment on them. If you can perhaps find out a way to ask people who've had them before, you might get a better idea of what to expect.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I were you I'd take a look at the track record of the new company. From my findings, I'd compare the pricing between the old company and the new one. If the new one promises a little more than the old one did, I'd go for the best deal. Of course I understand your unwillingness to make the change having never used the services of this other company but sometimes it pays to take the risk . . .