Would You Use AmazonFresh?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Parker • Oct 25, 2013.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lately, I have seen a lot of green AmazonFresh in my neighborhood. I'm not crazy about buying my groceries online, but apparently a lot people don't mind.

I did some research. In Los Angeles, you have to be an Amazon Prime member. After three months, it costs $299 to use the grocery service.

Would you consider using AmazonFresh or ordering your groceries online?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds rather expensive for their services. I probably wouldn't do something like that, since I specifically like to get out of my place and go shopping. However, I suppose it would be a good deal for someone who was disabled and couldn't get out of their house to get groceries. Paying someone on the side to do this for them would probably cost them a lot more than $300 per year.

A local grocery store in my neighborhood started a new service where you can order all of your groceries online, and they will send a store employee to go around the store and complete your order. Then all you have to do is pull up outside the store and they will bring your order out to you. I suppose you pay by credit card, or perhaps pay in advance online. There is only a $5 fee for each time you do this, which seems reasonable. In the long run though this could save you money since you would stick with your grocery list and not make impulse buys.

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good question. I only recently found out about them. I don't think we have them in Florida. When I looked them up, their prices seem to be a bit higher than I was comfortable with. But the idea sounds pretty good. At the same time, I get pleasure now in going to the grocery store to choose my own fruits and vegetables, especially when I get the chance to shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and certain farmer's market. I don't know why, but strolling through Trader Joe's is like strolling through a big bookstore -- so much fun and livening. I still find pleasure in such simple things.

My life is simple, so going grocery shopping regularly isn't a hassle. But I guess if one day I lived a really hectic life, I'd consider it.

#3Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  4. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't consider using AmazonFresh to purchase my groceries. I actually do kind of enjoy the experience of shopping for groceries in a grocery store although it can be a hassle sometimes, especially when the store is crowded and the checkout lines are long. Unless I am extremely busy, which is rare, I wouldn't really consider buying my groceries online.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It costs $299 after three months meaning about $100 a month on top of the cost of the groceries? I mean c'mon.... I wouldn't bother with that if those numbers are right. I would use a less expensive grocery delivery service if I needed my groceries delivered. And to tell you the truth I would like to start ordering groceries because I am getting so tired of shlepping to the grocery store every five minutes.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think that's too much to pay for groceries no matter how convenient it is. I'd only maybe consider it if I were rich enough that one hundred dollars won't matter to me per month, but that's a bit excessive for me right now so I wouldn't partake in it myself. I'm surprised to hear many are using the service despite that high additional price. Maybe they are all rich folks that don't mind wasting that much money.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't and the cost is the main reason why. In my opinion, that's just a ridiculous amount to have to pay for a grocery service, even if there is some measure of convenience involved. I'd rather just go to the store, pick my own food out and save that large amount of money that would otherwise be wasted.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the price put people off because I haven't seen an Amazon Fresh truck in months, possibly a year. I thought they stopped the service, but the website is offering a 30 day free trial. My mom is an Amazon Prime member and she gets her food delivered for free through the Amazon Prime app. Sprouts Farmers Market and Amazon Prime have a special arrangement. She loves it.

9. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I think that price would've put me off too, if I was interested in something like that. Personally, I like grocery shopping, the experience isn't a real chore for me at all.

10. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not looked into grocery shopping online but if it costs that much after three months then that does not seem to the economical way to go. I want to save money on groceries not pay even more for them. I am not sure that I would be able to trust the product being kept fresh or at the correct temperature at all times to ensure their safety. I think I will just stick to the usual way of grocery shopping.