Wow, What The Heck Happened To Suave?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Farrah • Jul 14, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    If I recall correctly Suave was that cheap shampoo I had to buy when I was broke, that left my hair, well unpleasant looking to say the least. I recently needed a dry shampoo, and hated the smell of Treseme .... I saw Suave had one and for $2.64 I thought I would give it a try. I had just washed my hair, but got very sweaty and no time to re wash it. I sprayed it and it literally smelled delicious! It also made my hair smell great and was no longer greasy! LOVE IT !!! I went back and got the Suave with Keratin Infusion also smelled very yummy.... Also they have a Keratin Smooth and Shine Serum, and its also well.... amazing! I can't believe that these are Suave products.... but they are!

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I have had poor experiences with Suave in the past like you, but have not tried it in quite a while. Maybe I will go get some of the stuff you recommended. Thank you for sharing!

3. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    You are the first person I have ever heard of who really liked suave. I can't say that I am a fan at all, I used it once in college when I was broke but after washing my hair with it I found it why it was so cheap and have not used it since. I prefer Paul Mitchell products but I now they are a little pricey.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Don't get me wrong, I in the old days I didn't like them either. But this brand new line they came out with is awesome. The one with Keratin... smells good works good, and so cheap. I don't know about the regular Shampoo and Conditioners, but the the serum surprised me as well as the dry shampoo.

5. theaaa

theaaaNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, last time i used Suave, it left me with really nice-smelling but ugly looking hair. I guess they had to improve their products, otherwise no one would buy anymore. I'm gonna go get myself a bottle and try it for myself!

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love Suave, too!! They've gotten better in the last 10 years especially. I especially love using their shampoo and body washes. I'm not huge on the conditioner, but that's because my hair is kind of finicky and there are a lot of conditioners that don't work the greatest for me. There's nothing wrong with it.

7. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    It's really hard to find a quality shampoo. Most are packed with sulfates which can irritate the scalp. Once I had a REALLY bad sunburn. It extended all the way through my scalp. Sadly, I had long hair, which complicated things. Once the stuff started flaking, I had to find a new shampoo.

It took a really long time, but I found one that really helped my scalp heal. It's by "Organix"

Check it out if you have skin issues.

8. Laura

LauraNew Member

Threads:
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they improved the quality of their product, it had such a bad reputation that they didn't really have the choice I guess :p

But I must say that even if it smell better, I don't really trust that product and would only buy it if I had no other choice.

9. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    I used to be a big Suave lover although anymore I just go for something that is cheap. Suave is not the cheapest shampoo in many cases. I have never had any real problems with it.
    I have had problems however with both Alberto VO5 and Treseme. VO5 had a nasty lump settle out in the cold, and Treseme actually changed colors and I threw it out accordingly.
    I think my last purchase was White Rain only because it was 99 cents or something like that.

10. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I used Suave a long time ago, and was neutral about it, if I remember correctly. It's good to know that the shampoo has improved, might try it again. Thanks.

11. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I still have terrible experiences with Suave. I used to use it all the time as a kid because my parents would only get this. Then when I got old enough to buy my own I decided I would get Pantene and have not looked back since. I did buy a small bottle of Suave on vacation once and was highly disappointed in the results.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Suave has really upgraded their products in the last few years. They even have a professional line that is supposed to be like a generic version of Tresemme.
    I buy their products frequently now because they have stepped it up with their new formulas and I like a good bargain. I also like the variety of scents they have.

13. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I keep hearing good reviews on Suave. My sister gets their hairspray and likes it. I haven't used their products in a long time. I don't even remember them. I just might have to try them just to see what all the fuss is about. I'm trying to spend less on hair products but need a good conditioner.

14. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've seen their new line of products on the shelves lately and have also noticed the price tags going up on the items. I haven't tried the new line of products but this is also the first time I read reviews on them. How do they compare to other shampoos and conditioners?

15. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I won't be using it. I've heard from numerous sources that it actually strips your hair of its protective coating, causing that dry, straw-like look. They have come a long way with different types of Suave now, like smoothing formula and hydrating formula, but after all the awful things I've heard I can't risk it with my own locks! Maybe in a pinch.

16. Nakhash

NakhashMember

Threads:
    I agree that Suave is a much better product now than when they started out, oh so many years ago. I would try them periodically when they would announce a new product. They really do have some very good offerings that cost much less than other brands. It's like Oil of Olay. There's another company that went from grandma's dresser to cutting edge. Some companies really learned how to keep up with the changing times.

17. Strawberries

StrawberriesNew Member

Threads:
    I've had some bad experience with Suave shampoos and other brands of dry shampoo in the past as well, but I haven't tried their dry shampoo. Suave does seem to have improved lately, so I've switched back to using some of their stuff. Also, I've read several reviews online and mostly stick with Batiste for my dry shampoo because it works better than anything else I've tried, but it's expensive and I hate the smell!!!

Where did you buy the Suave dry shampoo? I looked everywhere for any type of it when I was first shopping for dry shampoo, and never saw Suave. I'd love to give it a try! I'm okay with buying online as well if shipping is reasonable.

18. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    It depends which Suave you use...they have the cheap versions and those are terrible. It is one of those products where price really tells you what you are getting. They have some that are a bit pricier and they are worth it. They still cost less than brands like Aussie but work just as well...stay away from the 99 cent bottle though and you should be all set.