Writers...be Cautious Of London Brokers

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by jneanz • Nov 9, 2015.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've used them on and off for years, mostly because they pay quickly and the articles don't require a lot of thought. However, after a long absence, they're worse than ever.

The articles I wrote were basic with the SEO requirement. Then I check it in their system and it passes. But then when I hit the Submit button, I get a message stating that Copyscape says I copied this from the client website.
    For starters, only a small portion of clients give a URL or company site for writers to reference. And they could not tell me what was copied. Even when I changed a few words, I got the same message. I wrote to them several times and never got feedback from a real person - in 36 hours from the initial submission.

I've got other clients so this isn't a big deal but this is a warning for anyone who is curious to not waste time with these people.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The problem with these kinds of jobs where the article is centered around SEO that they will and do all sound similar. I don't do this kind of work for this reason, but for some people it suits them and they like it. Changing a few words makes no difference to the actual content, and it still picks up whether an article is similar. I find in content writing, all the articles are hashed out and look the same.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's why when you spin an article, always spin it manually and in a way that not even Copyscape can declare it as an imitation or repetition of another article in cyberspace. I spin articles all the time and, humility aside, they all pass Copyscape. I not only endeavor to change the structure of each sentence but I make sure not to repeat the words already used by the previous writer. I also add my own insights and ideas along the way. It doesn't take me long to spin articles too since the previous article has already given me plenty to write about.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    @Theo@Theo and xTinx....I've been at this for years and have never relied on spinning software. In my time there, I've had many quota upgrades and anyone who knows LB is familiar with their checking system. Like I said before, I didn't have the client site url so there was nothing to copy from. And unlike other copy checkers past clients have used, I was never told which content was duplicated. Finally, they never responded to me directly.

5. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    I have always found spinning to be a waste of time, and SEO too difficult to write. I used LB once or twice in the past, like 5 years ago into the past, but found that the articles they wanted were not to my liking, so I left.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've all but given up on the so-called writing sites because they're all so finicky it's not even funny. If it's not one thing, it's the other; I just find it exhausting! But I'm glad I found this thread, because I had never heard of copyscape before. Thanks for the warning, all the same :)