Yankee Candles

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Mrs. Pirz • Jun 19, 2012.

1. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Ok so I have always loved having aromatic candles around The House. Usually they burn out within a few hours or the smell just stays on that segment of the house. Recently I switched over to Yankee Candles. Yes, they are much more expensive but they actually last soo much longer and just 1 candle on in my apartment makes it smell heavenly as opposed to having to turn 2 or 3 on in seperate rooms to get the smells spread out. Have you guys ever tried these?

2. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I have used these. The smell does last a lot longer then what the others have. However, if you get some of the stronger smells it can lead to the irritating any allergies.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the Yankee Candles. When I go into the AC Moore store the candles are right at the front door. It's hard to not pick up a candle and take it home. My favorite scent is honeysuckle.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Yes I usually cant handle the cinammon candles - too strong for me. I like honeysuckle - it is a soft inviting smell. Theres also pink sands - very delicious olfactory getaway

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love Yankee Candles but I simply don't like the price. I know they last longer or smell stronger, but it feels like I can get several cheaper ones for the same price and stretch them farther, ya know?

6. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried these candles. I have alwzys enjoyed them. however the do not compare to these candles I zused to sell from a company called Sentsations. Thier candles were more highly priced, but their scent filled, y whole apartment. plus they burned ghree times as long as the Yankee candles. so the extra money was worth it. Since i stopped working foe the company, I have gone back the Yankee candles for pure convience matters. Out of all the candles I can purchase in the store, the Yankee candles arw by far my favorites.

7. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    They might be a touch more expensive but Yankee Candles are pretty awesome and work quite well. The big jars are a bit more than I'd ever like to pay for a candle but the fact remains that they last a long time and provide a quality smell throughout their duration.

Oh, and the flavors. There's just something magical about a house that smells like baked goods.

8. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I love Yankee Candles. The smells are unique, potent and as you stated before, freshen the air in the entire home. They last for much longer than many of the other aromatic candles on the market today, making them one of the best values, even though they are higher priced that the others. I highly recommend them. If you can't find them in a local store, I believe you can still find them online.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used Yankee candles, but have heard so many good things about them. I love scented candles, when I go into a store that sells them, I don''t want to leave. The scents are delicious.

10. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I love Yankee Candles! My mom used to get them for our house when I was younger. They always smelled so good! Now I live near a mall that has a Yankee Candle store in it. They will have occasional sales and that's the time to buy them, especially if they are having a closeout on a certain type like holiday scents or just discontinued items.

11. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I do really love Yankee candles and they smell incredible, however, they are expensive. I definitely don't have the budget to be purchasing them. They sell them at Home Outfitters here, since I'm in Canada. Therefore, it would take HBC points and a good sale for me to purchase any of their candles.

12. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    I love Yankee Candles. They smell wonderful and they last forever! I usually only buy them when I find them on sale. Pretty much everything they come out with smells great and I know I can rely on them to make my house smell wonderful all through out. As they are expensive and the sales on them aren't that often I usually keep them as special occasion candles and only burn them when guests are coming. They are definitely a good candle to have around.

13. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Yankee candles are the best, but Bath and Bodyworks has some pretty good ones too. We used to go the the factory in Deerfield, MA the day after Christmas when everything is like 30% off and love picking out the unwrapped samplers as you can just smell them so well. They have the coolest trains that go through the store, so it is fun for the kids too.

14. JJohnston

JJohnstonNew Member

Threads:
    The only time I invest in Yankee Candle Co. candles are when they're having their huge sale and everything is about 50% off. Aside from that it's hard for me to justify spending so much on something that simply makes my house smell good. I do have a few Yankee Candles and while they smell AMAZING the smell pretty much stays localized in my living area. Maybe this is because I have a house and not an apartment, I don't know. I do like the way they look though!

15. nav0413

nav0413Member

Threads:
    I better ask mom what scented candles she use.

16. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I love scented candles in bedroom. The sweet fragrance filled the air of room. Awesome.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only ever bought one candle from Yankee Candles. I think they are too expensive, the B&BW ones are cheaper (when you buy 2 for 22), and smell really good. Yankee has good smelling ones as well, but I never find ones that are very unique.

18. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I find the aroma AND the candle itself last longer. I have bought some cheaper versions than Yankee candle but they really do seem to burn through so much faster.

19. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I like Yankee Candle. I agree with the posts above that their prices are high, yet the scent of the candles last longer. I do not buy the larger candles. I buy the small votive candles. The smaller ones are usually $1. So I go in and buy 2-3 same-scented candles. I go home and put a candle in each room. I never mix smells because that gives me a headache. The smaller ones last a decent amount of time too.

20. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    As much as I love Yankee Candles, I'm going to have to disagree with most of you all by saying I love bath and body works candles a little better! They burn just as long as Yankee's does and have all types of different scents and are always coming up with new ones. As for the price, bath and body works always has good deals running. So while you're picking up a couple of candles and saving a few dollars, you can also get great smelling soaps, hand sanitizers and body washes also at a fairly low price!