Yoga for kids..

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Samules • May 14, 2013.

1. Samules

SamulesNew Member

Threads:
    There are many poses that are for children. One of them is cobra design. Yoga exercises are very useful for everyone. It allows the peacefulness of your thoughts as well as it firms muscle tissue and shades the neurological program.

2. Sharon

SharonNew Member

Threads:
    I really supports healthy activities, for children there are so much easy steps, if you start giving training of yoga or exercise in this age so it's really good for them because their body starts developing and they will be more strong.

#2May 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Bah to yoga for kids. Take them to the park, let them skip rope, soccer, or play basketball, baseball, or football. Yoga is not even something most children understand. If they wanna do yoga when they get older and more mature, sure. But don't force it on them at a young age.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    An interesting alternative for emotional growth

Everyone knows or thinks that knows what is the yoga. However, there are few who doesn't know that, with appropriate adaptation, can be practiced by young children. The adaptation of the body language and yoga to children is a easy way to make them discover the "welfare".

Children often manifest tensions that form barriers to the flow of energy, it's transformed into aggression, violence supported by models such as those seen on television or other media, now the kids are surrounded by aggression. This violence is an enemy to the spirit of mutual aid an atmosphere of joy and friendship promotes learning, the boy should be aware that an individual is not isolated from the rest. Yoga exercises awaken the consciousness of being yourself but still be aware of the "other". These practices call us to take attitudes in common, joint breaths and an ideal that is symbolized by the center. :)

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know kids did yoga?

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No parent should force their kids to do something that they don't want to do, so they should only make the kids take yoga if the initiative to take it came from the kid himself. I personally would find it weird seeing a kid doing yoga, they would be better off playing kiddie games or even video games, not yoga.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love including my son in yoga when he's interested :). It seems good for him as well...a lot of his other interests are very high energy and somewhat aggressive even- football, martial arts, bandit kart racing....so it's nice to have something that centers him a bit, too.

8. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Parents should generate the habit of yoga in kids. It is really the better way to have nice body and great strength.

9. smilekill

smilekillNew Member

Threads:
    thansk for the informative article

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Parents have been doing that stuff for years though. These are the same parents who put their kids in those expensive, exclusive schools. Where there's a waiting list and stuff. Then after that, the kids are forced to take up instruments they don't like. Play sports they don't wanna play, and then for the finale? Yoga! Which they have no clue about! Amazing! I turned out fine by just taking up trumpet in Junior High, hitting the bag when I got home from school, and shooting hoops on weekends.

11. angelapride

angelaprideBanned

Threads:
    REally good thing to do yoga by kids because yoga becomes essential for our health.

12. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    do it or not .. what an overall health benefit the yoga is known for is of no doubt ..

13. KayleenWare

KayleenWareBanned

Threads:
    I guess if they are involved in sports and physical activities very often, than there is not an actual need of yoga..the sports activities will keep them healthy enough..however when they grow and have less time for playing than they should be encouraged to practice yoga everyday.

14. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I agree on this with you Kayleen..you are right on this thing.