Yoga Videos

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by purplepen88 • Sep 9, 2015.

1. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My husband and I would like to start doing yoga but do not want to have leave The House. Does anyone know of a good series of videos we could get online so that we can practise yoga at home?

2. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t follow any one in particular series. However, I do Yoga in my home as well and just watch youtube videos. There are so many different videos you can find, for example if you want to reduce lower back tension or become more flexible. All you have to do is type it in to youtube and a ton of videos will come up. I don’t use it enough to like one trainer over another but I’m sure the more you do it you will find a certain trainer and channel you like.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always been interested in Yoga, but never thought I could get started on my own until I'd been to a few proper Yoga sessions with an experienced Yoga instructor. I feel like although it looks easy enough, it isn't quite as easy as it looks. So I wonder just how easy it would be to follow what's going on on a DVD, if I've never attended a single class? Have either of you attended a Yoga class where you picked up your basics, @puprplepen88 and KimmyMarkks?

4. Tora16

Tora16New Member

Threads:
    It's ideally a good idea to get in at least a few beginner classes early on to help make sure you're doing the poses safely. If that's not doable though, a lot of the YouTube channels seem to have videos geared for beginners that do their best to guide you through the basics.

A popular favorite channel on YouTube is

. She has a variety of videos, mostly geared for beginner to intermediate from what I've seen, and the beginning routines were pretty easy to follow from what I remember. She even has a bunch of videos that focus on individual poses that you'd probably find helpful to work through.

Another one I've enjoyed using is

. Some of the videos on her channel are pretty intimidating, but her beginner and all-level videos should be pretty simple to follow, and again, she has a bunch of videos that work through individual poses.

A few others work checking out are

, or

. Learning from a video isn't too bad, though I have noticed it's much easier if you're already familiar with the poses. A lot of the beginner videos from the channels I mentioned should be pretty easy to follow though, and for sure work through some of the instructional pose videos as well since those are also super helpful.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like yoga too and I watch the classes they had on television, but now it seems to be cancelled. I didn't know that there were youtube videos of yoga too...I'll check them out. I saw Dr. Oz with some yoga techniques to do for back pain.

6. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Yoga is beneficial to everyone. Yoga is useful when you do it in regular basis. It is more affected when you do it in the morning.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I downloaded an app that is simply called "Yoga". I heard people saying it's good, but I actually never tried it! It's supposed to tell you the positions, what to do, how long and moves. I can't exercise by apps though, I have found out in the last couple months. But if you can, this sounds like a nice app.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    There are tons of youtube videos online for free, some of the vloggers even do a series of videos which is really awesome of them to do that. I also practice yoga, I've been slacking lately. I do use the an app to guide me through the yoga poses. I found it on the appstore, it's a free app.