You Mean We're Paying Our Government Not To Spend Our Money?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • Feb 26, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I get 'ALL my news' from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (I wonder if they'll still call it that when he leaves this year, like they did for the month-or-so that John Oliver hosted), and I saw last night

('caught' by pictures he himself posted on Instagram).

What's bad about that? Was he using money 'specifically budgeted' for something else?

Were I a voter in his district of Illinois, I would be glad my congressman were having fun on America's dime! Don't get me wrong; he shouldn't be wasting time-&-money while Congress is in-session, but he is not his people's "slave!" The fun he can get, he should get!

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Politics are a laugh and a half.

In my region, there was great outrage for the past months as the ministry of education came up with cuts after cuts pleading "austerity" and how we could not afford to pay for this stuff.

He was put out of his position recently, with a nice going away bonus of 150K, I think.

It's just sickening to think they are happy to strip us of all we need and then use our money to please themselves.

3. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Interesting to say the least. Politics is a funny subject, and politicians are just playing the game. I feel that if the money was budgeted money to be used in the government, he is at fault. But if it is his personal money, let the man live.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    What's the difference between "democracy" and "common individuals' imperialism"? When people say these leaders use "our" money, it makes me think that they want to retain power over everything they touch. When you "pay" taxes, doesn't it STOP being "your" money? (They don't call themselves "tax-lenders" or "tax-leasers" or "tax-renters," do they?)

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    If it isn't our money why does it show up on our paychecks? Just because we are obligated by law to pay taxes with "our" money shouldn't mean they are free to use it in whatever way they choose. We should have more say in what happens to "our" money after they get it. If not, then they are just taking it away from us (stealing, in effect) and doing with it as they please, which is exactly what they tend to do.
    Eventually, they will tax their goody pool dry and then none of us will be in good shape.

That said, if your congressman was vacationing on his own funds then fine; but if he's taking advantage of an already overloaded system then his hands ought to be cut off (so to speak).