You scream, I scream, we all scream for -- Sherbert?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsJones • Dec 20, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I think that sherbert is very refreshing over ice cream especially on a very hot day. It's not as heavy on the stomach as ice cream. There are not as many calories as ice cream. And even though the flavors are limited they are very good. Best of all you don't have to wait for a coupon to buy it because it's not as expensive as some ice cream brands can be.

Do you like sherbert? Are there other ways that you have prepared it as a dessert?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I am fond of sherberts, especially ones made of cherry or other berries. I find lemon sherbert to be a bit too sour for my liking. I don't really know of any other ways to serve/eat sherbert besides on its own since it's a pretty unique dessert!

It's a great alternative to ice cream on a summer day, I find the icy sensation to be nicer and more cooling than ice cream!

3. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    By sherbet I initially thought you were talking about the effervescent fizzy powder substance. Then I realized you meant sherbet like sorbet when I read "on a hot day". I find sherbet (or sorbet) to be very refreshing after a hot day, and it is a lot more flavorful in my opinion. It's true that sherbet is generally lower in calories as it is a low fat or no fat alternative to ice cream, however, some brands of sherbet are packed full of sugar which brings the total calories up to that of ice cream. I enjoy both ice cream and sherbet, as they have different textures and I generally do not find them to replace each another effectively.