Your Absolute Favorite Meal

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Livvi • Jul 1, 2012.

1. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    What is your absolute favorite meal? This can either be something you cook up yourself or a take away/restaurant if you want.

Recipes can be added if you want to spread the food love! ;)

My absolute favourite meal is homemade chicken curry - I can cook but nothing extraordinary, yet when I make chicken curry it's like a little bit of magic happens and I make it to perfection (for me anyway - and the kids).

I also make a nice chili - although I am always on the lookout for other people's recipes to improve on mine.

2. TheMightyMathias

TheMightyMathiasNew Member

Threads:
    I really like potato and bacon filled pierogi with more bacon on top of them. :D They are amazing! When I eat them it feels like I could keep eating them forever, but if I eat a lot, my stomach hurts and I have to stop.

3. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I had to Google pierogi because I have never heard of them - they look gorgeous!! Where abouts in the world are you, MightyMathias? and do you make your own pierogi or can you buy it from the store?

You have made me hungry now! :)

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Mine would be a lamb shoulder with veg and potatos. I had one on holiday once and i became addicted to it. Lamb is a really strong flavor meat, it's a little fatty but I don't eat it that often for it to be an issue regarding health.

5. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Anything smothered in salsa really lol. Some tacos de buche with a really super spicy salsa verde or maybe some chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce.

6. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    I love onigiri... those are really tasty. And the Sui Bao are also very good. Other than that, I really love to order salmon tempura sushi and eel roll. Those are delicious. For dessert a great serving of tempura ice cream is divine.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite meal is really a toss up between an authentic Indian meal with all the side-dishes and breads like naan and puri etc....and a lassi to drink with it. Alternatively, almost all Thai food...especially dishes that use vegetables and herbs. Thirdly, it would be anything Italian like pizza, gnocchi and/or lasagne. Last but not least...sushi. Those are my all time favorites. I could not stick with one. I love my food.

8. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite meal was my Grandmother's Swiss Steak. It was the greatest meal ever! Now that she has passed away, I have attempted to duplicate her meal myself, but I cannot get it to be exactly the same as hers.

Since she has passed away, my favorite meal is my boyfriend's chicken parmesan. Chicken parm has always been one of my favorite meals, but his always turns out perfect.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love Chinese food, so some noodles, rolls/dimsum and a rice topping would be perfect meal enough for me. I know it's not the fanciest meal, but I guess I'm easily pleased. The things I love about Chinese food is that it always fills you up well, it comes out of the kitchen and to your table fast, and the flavors are always a spectrum of variety. :)

10. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    This thread is making me drool!! :) I LOVE Indian and Chinese and I really like sitting down with the family with a variety of dishes having a pick from each - haven't done that in so long. I am going to attempt a herbed rack of lamb tomorrow - I rarely eat lamb and I don't know why because it is a lovely meat.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    My absolute favorite meal is this: Cabbage, collards, kale all mixed together with ham hocks, candid yams, barbecue ribs or neckbones, corn on the cob, coleslaw and hot buttermilk cornbread with butter. Oh so yammy, it is very delicious and tasty. I know a lot of people don't like pork but on special holidays what better way to celebrate. It won't hurt to eat this once or twice a year. Try this and enjoy yourself.