Your Essential Apps?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Aladar • Mar 4, 2015.

1. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What are the apps you absolutely want/need on your phone on day to day basis, and will install them first thing after reinstalling the system/getting a new phone?
    I think for me it's:

Audio player - I feel that the one included in Android is just fine for me, honestly, especially from 4.0 forward
    File Manager - I'm currently using the one that comes installed with Cyanogenmod ROMS, used ASTRO in the past
    Browser - Again, stock Android one/Chrome. Didn't see a reason to download Firefox or any others.
    Mail client - GMail app for me
    Sygic - for offline GPS needs.

2. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Tasks and Project Management to keep me organized. A few games to keep me occupied while waiting.

to keep my king occupied. A pdf reader. And of course, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. LOL

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have many apps, but the ones that I need on a daily basis are the XE currency exchange, google translator, world clock and whatsapp. They are essential to my work. As for the rest, I like to have skype and and a metro plan when I am in Europe.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, making sense of the printed metro plans/guides in the stations can be pretty painful, I know that from experience D:

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always make sure I've got a bubble bursting game and Solitaire on my smartphone. They are invaluable for times when you are waiting for something, like a bus or an appointment. I never bother to pay for games though and will only download free apps.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't need anything other than an email client, a Web browser, and perhaps a couple of games. I don't use that many apps. I have probably 20 to 30 apps on my phone, and I'll use only a few of them each day. Most of them are apps that I don't want to remove from my phone, or they're essential apps for keeping the device running in the first place.

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Scrabble game app and a dictionary app. I don't open my mails or do FB activities on my phone, I usually use my laptop or PC when going online. :)

8. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I try to keep my phone very organized and that means that I try to avoid insalling useless apps. So, the apps that I use almost daily are:
    -MyFitnessPal
    -Google Keep
    -Facebook
    -Instagram
    -Poweramp
    -Tumblr

9. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say Evernote. For those who have jobs that require note taking and presentations, evernote makes your phone into a notepad and an organizer. For a small fee you can gain access to your notes from anywhere the their cloud.

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Topping the lists of apps that I use almost daily is Facebook to get connected with my friends and family from far places. I also have the metro plan and the bus schedule. They are always helpful and handy at all times. I also have free games installed like Candy Crush Soda to keep me occupied while waiting for the bus/metro. I am a big fan of football/soccer in Europe, so I have that apps installed in my phone too. And lastly, the BBC News apps to keep me updated of the latest events happening around the world.

11. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Isn't this

or what?

12. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I have quite a few, sure I could survive without, but these are the ones that are important to me for lots of reasons, including communicating with people I care about.

Twitter
    Facebook
    Kindle
    Amazon
    AccuWeather
    Starbucks
    SwagTV

13. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    Along with the aforementioned essentials like social network apps and the like, I think another essential for me is Twilight. It's basically an app that doesn't mess up your sleep if you use your phone before going to sleep.

Other that that, AccuWeather and Forza Football are also needed on a daily basis.

14. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not really an avid app downloader but as a smartphone and phablet user, I find the following apps essential to my day-to-day endeavors:
    • Opera Mini
    • Clean Master
    • Google Books
    • Google Play
    • Candy Crush
    • Email reader
    • Google Calendar

15. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    For me it's Gmail, Yahoo, Evernote, Chrome, Whatsapp and Viber. Most other things I can probably do without on a day to day basis.

16. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, lately I've been using 6tag a lot. It's an Instagram app. I know Instagram has an app for my phone but after using both of them I prefer the Rudy Huyn app. Actually, all of his apps seem better than the originals. So, we can add that one to my list. LOL