Your Favorite Bread

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Dec 20, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't eat bread too often, I'm more of a rice fan and I prefer eating rice meals instead of sandwiches throughout the day, even on breakfast. However, every now and again, I do crave for some bread too, and I'm very thankful that we have a few fancy bakeries in our area that I can buy less popular types of bread from so I can discover some new ones each time I visit because they have tons of them in variety. My favorite one, still is, however, one of the popular ones which is croissant. I love it when it's freshly made, and I grab it even when I see it in buffets where I supposedly should be filling myself up on anything other than just bread. I wish it weren't half made of butter, though, as I probably wouldn't mind devouring a good amount of it every morning at breakfast in place of rice meals if only it were healthier.

How about you guys, which type of bread is your favorite? Ciabatta, perhaps or whole wheat? If you have some local types, please do also share those with us.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is honey wheat bread it taste great with everything. I like to toast it for breakfast and I like to eat it regular for dinner. It has a nice soft taste and is not hard to swallow. I would recommend for everyone to try it.

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love French bread!!! Every time I eat it, it reminds me of my childhood. We would eat it Sunday mornings with hot cocoa. When I got older, hot cocoa turned into hot coffee. But the bread and music remained the same. My mom would make sure to play old French music, classical music or new-age music.

I love to eat French bread with real butter. But I also love it with melted cheese. And if I'm having it for lunch, I love it with avocado and cheese. If I can't find French bread, I go for the baguette. They are just as good.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I love garlic bread, I'll always order those whenever I eat out. I could leave out the main course by just having garlic bread alone. For some reason, the more garlic bread I eat, the more hungry I get. The only things stopping me is because of the bad breath I get after eating so many.:D

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love donuts and muffins. If you consider pizza as "bread", then add that to the list as well. They are quite costly if you eat them on a daily basis though. I'm not really a fan of unflavored bread, so if it's a plain loaf of bread, then I prefer to eat it with any type of sandwich spread or filling in it.

6. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I love sourdough bread. I usually bake my own bread, because I love the taste of bread straight from the oven with lots of butter on it. It is so good with a big bowl of homemade soup! Great meal for a cold winter day.

7. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I try not to eat much bread but when I have a taste for it, I like to go to this restaurant near my home which makes their own bread. The bread is cooked-to-order so it is always fresh. Therefore, the bread is still warm by the time you eat it. The bread is sprinkled with sugar on top. I found this to be very strange when I first tired it. However, once you dip a piece of the bread in the butter they provide it is absolutely amazing. Wish I had the recipe to make it at home.