Your Favorite Breakfast Meal

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 2, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Breakfast is definitely my most favorite meal of the day. It's why I love restaurants that offer a whole day breakfast menu. Still, I don't always have access to those and usually will have to settle with my own preparation, which is still good of course. :) My favorite is omelette and croissants with orange juice, or McDonald's big breakfast, or sometimes if I wake up really hungry I'd prepare some rice, eggs, any meat, and soup/ramen.

What do you guys like to eat for breakfast?

2. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I love breakfast food, but only if someone else is cooking! Breakfast at a restaurant is great. I love to get bacon, eggs, home fries, and orange juice. I also love to get the bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle sandwich at McDonald's, but I don't do that too often. Most days however I just make a smoothie at home with banana, milk, peanutbutter, oatmeal, and some chocolate syrup. It's pretty filling and mostly healthy :).

3. Kcmoney

KcmoneyNew Member

Threads:
    When I go to most restaurants, whether fast food chain or home-style cooking, I have 2 types of breakfast foods I choose from. I love omelettes and breakfast burritos the same. I like different varieties of each. The southwestern taste is the best in an omelette. In the breakfast burrito's I like to add salsa to the inside for a little kick to it.

I need to try this Smoothie 1 day. I like to detox my body from time to time and the pure smoothies do that for me when I eat them for a week.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like the sausage mcgriddles at mcdonalds I love those things If I don't get my breakfast there than I usually make me some eggs with chorizo it's a type of Mexican meat that goes amazing with eggs and cheese.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite is poached eggs or bacon and eggs. No matter what, I eat fruit with or for my breakfast.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. If I remember to prep them in advance I love making a big batch of home fries, to go with the usuals - scrambled eggs, sausage and toasted Italian bread. I've also been on a Chinese kick lately, making sauteed tomatoes and scallions in scrambled eggs. I will also throw in a few dashes of fish sauce in lieu of the salt and pepper. Then serve it over steamed rice.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, my ideal breakfast meal would be a full English breakfast with bacon, sausages, grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, fried onions, potato hash browns and eggs. I would follow that up with some jam on toast and some Jordan's country crisp cereal. However, I wouldn't eat that because it isn't healthy, I'll just have the bacon and egg.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well if we're getting into what we WANT to eat lol.. this could take up some room

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I love French toast! I never make it for myself. My husband makes it in our house, and infrequently.
    I also love breakfast food. Especially diners! Eggs, home fries, omelette, toast... It all tastes better at a restaurant. Maybe it's just because I didn't cook it !

10. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I love breakfast too and most probably I use toast with butter and Organic Juice in my breakfast because it is health and tasty.

11. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I tend to not eat fast food but I will go to Mcdonalds for breakfast. All I order is two hash browns. They are so good and the ones fro the store don't compare because they aren't as greasy as the ones at McDonalds. I eat them right there in the restaurant and very quickly because they are no good cold. I can't stand the decaf coffee at McDonalds. I don't drink regular coffee. So, I either bring my own thermos or I head home afterwards and drink some of my own decaf.

12. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I always wait until it's a little later to have my breakfast. I tend to get sick when I eat it too early in the morning. I love sweet things in the morning like sugary cereals and I eat at the donut shop (never forget the chocolate milk lol :eek:). I'm going to start eating something healthier in the next few weeks. I think veggie omelets would help get me going better when I start my day.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

13. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like toasted bread, sausages and egg with coffee. I eat a bit late because I'm working during night time. Sometimes I also eat rice if it's really late. Sort of combination of breakfast and lunch. In our country we love rice, most of us eat rice 3x a day. Our meals are always heavy.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    When I comes to breakfast I would have to say that I have a huge weakness for bagels with cream cheese. I also have a huge weakness for hot tea with a few croissants. Therefore as you can tell I absolutely love sweets for breakfast and eggs and sausage is something that I leave for other days.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to eat cereal if I'm in a hurry, but if I have the time I would like to eat a heavy breakfast, like rice and any type of viand.

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rice is not ideal, neither is cereal. The problem with rice is that it is the worst food for arsenic and we know arsenic is deadly! There have been concerns at government level about the arsenic in rice. It's really annoying because I like eating rice. One way to reduce the arsenic is to wash it thoroughly and cook it thoroughly in plenty of water.

17. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    More often than not I eat something really light for breakfast or leftovers from the previous night. I've been known to eat cold pizza for breakfast. On a good day I'll have granola cereal with coconut milk, greek yogurt or a homemade fruit smoothie. My favorite breakfast is shrimp and grits. It sounds strange, but it tastes absolutely amazing.

18. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I'm kind of in your same boat; as long as I have a egg-based main dish, I definitely want a citrus-based drink! An omelette with cheese, bell peppers, and bacon is my ideal, with any kind of orange or grapefruit juice. When I don't have enough time or ingredients to pull that together, I still do love most cereals: anything from Crispix to Cinnamon Toast Crunch! I think the most important thing here is the fact that breakfast is awesome and should never be skipped!

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    For daily stuff i always go with the usual bowl of cereals and cold milk, maybe with half a croissant with a slice of ham and cheese. But one thing that i really like is the hotel's breakfast, where you have a bunch of things to choose from, from fruit to cake.

20. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh Breakfast is my
    My favorite meal of the day for sure. I pretty much love all breakfast meals, but I would have to go with pancakes with sausage or bacon. It has a million calories, and is not very healthy all, but it is hard to beat for deliciousness. The best thing about breakfast meals is that they are affordable so that makes them even more appealing.