Your Favorite Cheap Clothing Stores?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by moll • Mar 24, 2016.

1. moll

mollNew Member

Threads:
    Either online or brick-and-mortar.

I've found that given enough time, one can sort through the piles of trash at Forever21 and find something with two out of three qualities: (super) cheap, cute, and quality. Quality is rarer than the other two, but I've had shirts from there last years, compared to fancy designer things that disintegrate if I accidentally throw it in the washing machine instead of dry-cleaning. I know that I'm probably too old to be shopping there, but I can't seem to stop.

So what are your guys' favorite cheap stores?

2. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    To be honest, I prefer buying things second hand for the most part. Good quality clothes are expensive, and I won't buy them new unless I find a good sale.

Target is nice, though, and I tend to buy a lot of clothes for my children at Dollar General.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That we definitely have to be H&M and forever 21! Those to me are the perfect stores if you just want simple and stylish outfit. If you want quality, maybe not the best, but if you want the radian price they are pretty much unstoppable.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Cotton On is pretty much expensive still here from where I am, the same goes for Uniqlo and Forever 21. But it's a different story when it's sales season, they do drop their prices very low. So to answer your question, my favourite cheap stores, when they are on sale, are Cotton On, Uniqlo and Forever 21.

Cotton On offers pretty much soft and comfortable clothing items. I love their dresses the most, they are cottony soft. I tend to buy dresses only when it's on sale because otherwise, you'd pay pretty much a high price for just a casual dress.

Uniqlo offers very good quality jeans and shirts. I also love the quality of their leggings, they don't rip easily or fluff easily. When they have ongoing store sales, you can get these at pretty much cheap prices for their quality.

Forever 21 is kind of a hit and miss. You would have to go through racks and racks of clothing to find classic styles, which is what I love. And their fabrics are almost too thin for me. But yeah, with sales, it's not that bad and you can keep the clothes for a long time as long as they are handled with care.

5. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I like swimsuitsforall for my bathing suits, maurices or kohls for clothing.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I am from the UK and I like shopping in Primark. The quality is much better than you might expect from a relatively cheap store, and this means that the clothes that you buy last for a long time even though you may not have expected them to. I go there at the beginning of each new season to update my wardrobe a little bit, and I do think that I am saving a lot of money in the long term.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    For cheap clothing I like to go to Value Village. It's a second hand store and if you are in the mood to hunt you can find some great deals. I've gotten clothes with the tags on paid under $5/piece. I've gotten sweaters that are gently worn and currently in style for under $5. I'm quite amazed at the deals you can find and how you update your wardrobe for under $20. I look for brand names and quality clothing. I always feel great about my purchases and if I find I only wear them a few times I don't mind donating them since I didn't spend a ton on them to begin with.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here at Hawaii I have 2 favorites for cheap clothing. One is the thrift shops which has sales too so clothes is even cheaper! I like Walmart too and can find really good sales and in-store specials a lot often!

9. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Ross is probably my favorite for cheap name brand clothes. Can't beat a $2 shirt and $6 jeans! Especially, since they're all from other more expensive clothes. I love how they keep the original price tag on it and them slap their price right underneath, you know exactly how much you're saving.

Also, TJ Maxx when they have a good sale. I got an $80 jacket for $20 once.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have found some good deals at Ross also. I go to the secondhand store and get good quality items at a good price. I do have to search for the deals but often get good quality that I would not want to pay full price for,

11. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I also am a big fan of H & M and I have bought from their store several times before, but lately I have been made aware about the existence of SportsDirect. I was simply amazed when I looked on their site, it was like I have found the thing I was always looking for, a place with reasonable prices and high quality products. Probably tomorrow I shall place my first order, and most likely this online store will become my favorite.

12. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I like thrift stores, call me crazy. They fit this perfect little zone of cheap and smart, there's lots of good stuff there and there's never the same thing twice. Awesome :D

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In as much as I love my high end stores, I like to mix it up and sometimes like shopping in lower end stores because you can pick up some real gems. I love Primark (UK) and H&M and have been lucky to pick up pieces which have lasted way beyond I expected. I like them also like them for basic stuff like tank tops, pjs and loungewear. When Forever21 first came to the UK, I browsed their website and loved what I saw, especially the accessories. But my bubble was burst when I went into their store, I was sorely disappointed because I thought even Primark quality was better. IDK it just didn't work for me at all.

There's also this UK site called everything5pounds.com. The site's just amazing! Everything's gorgeous, and is actually £5. The quality may not be top notch, but you do kind of expect that for £5. As long as you have that appreciation and recognise that even as gorgeous as the stuff is, it won't last through the years, you'd love the site :)

14. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I love Forever 21 as well! I can always go in with 100 dollars and leave with some 10 items of clothing. I am a short person as well so they havr great, cheap jeans for me. Last time I went they were selling them for only 10 dollars and they have lasted longer than other pricier brands like American Eagle. I do admit the quality might not be the best, but when you are in a rush to find something to wear to an event or even looking for lounging around clothes, they are the best.

15. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I like the "everyday" collection at H&M. The shirts are a cotton spandex blend that wash and wear really well, and don't shrink. And they are like 2 for $10 which is unbeatable.

I also like Target and Old Navy for summer skirts and dresses. They are always super cheap, but usually last more than one summer, and are stylish and easy. Maxi skirts are such a fun alternative to shorts all summer.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Ok, this has my attention! Thanks for sharing, @Lisa Rose@Lisa Rose :) I buy and sell clothes from time to time, but I usually get stuff from sales, which obviously works out more expensive than wholesale. I'm always on the look out for reputable online clothing wholesalers, but the ones I've come across seem to carry tired, horrible clothes. Or let's just say stuff I'm not exactly looking to sell. Plus people are not always willing to share what they know. So it'll be interesting to see what Oasis Sublimation has to offer! Finger crossed :)

#16May 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me I would have to say Ebay, since I was able to buy a bunch of 2nd hand clothes there for a low price. I used to like buying clothes from Lee and Guess, but now I have switched to buying 2nd hand clothes.

18. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Like many of the other replies here, I would have to say H&M and Forever21, however, I do not shop here regularly. I noticed that if you shop at the right time at some of the higher costing stores, you can actually have good finds! I went to Hollister during a huge sale and found jeans for $6! So, now I definitely always keep my options open ever since then.

19. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I recently started thrifting. It is when you shop various thrift stores for stylish items. If I buy from affordable stored they are usually Charlotte Russe, Missguided, Forever 21, A'Gaci, and Love Culture. I use apps like Poshmark and Mercari to get deals on high end clothing as well as low end.

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have any specific stores or brands I like buying cheap from aside from maybe one or two that are local brands and sell items at a practical price. For the most part I just tend to frequent the outlet malls or surplus stores where I can get off brand items that are of average quality but at a very low price. I prefer buying from these places for the bulk of my wardrobe and I'd only go to the brand name stores for some accent items.