Your favorite coffee

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Mama2three • Aug 31, 2012.

1. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I usually buy Starbucks brand coffee beans, either their Breakfast Blend or House Blend. I find they are not too bold, but not too bland either. However, I am growing bored with those 2 types and trying to branch out to try other kinds. I am looking for suggestions here, what brand/type of coffee do you just love, and what type do you stay away from?

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about buying them for home use or when you go out or both?
    We have a Keurig and I buy Donut Shop Brand and one called Rev Plus which has Ginseng and guarana.

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I like espresso. It has a solid kick and really packs a ton of caffeine for the small serving size. Espresso con panna (espresso and whipped cream) is amazing. My favorite brands are either illy or lavazza.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I love coffee. For that reason, I always try to test new products. I enjoy the combination of flavors, and at certain times of year, I prefer to take exotic blends. In my city there is a local brand, Cabrales, which produces a highly aromatic grain and is ideal for morning coffee. In my cupboard there is usually always coffee beans, but I also use instant coffee. In that sense, my favorite brand is Nescafe. Maybe this product hasn't a complex structure of taste, but it is a good choice for everyday.

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    For some reason, I can completely tolerate instant coffee. I usually have Folgers or Maxwell. I drink it black too. Most people find it disgusting.

6. Cyrup

CyrupMember

Threads:
    I LOVE Coffee.

Usually I invest in expensive or local brands, due to the simple fact that it tastes better. I love good quality coffee, although I can tolerate bad and instant coffee.
    For expensive brands a usually buy a local Coffee, like

It's brilliant, strong, rich taste, and it's organic - enhances the flavour.
    If I go generic brand shopping, it's most often Star Bucks or Illy Espresso Caffé Machinato. Illy has a rich but pleasant flavour.

Although when buying from Cafe's or big chain shops for a Takeaway, I always go for McCafe. I don't go to McDonald's otherwise, but the Caramel Latte's they have are DELICIOUS!

7. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    if i'm out, then i'll get mcdonalds coffee...sounds crazy right, but it actually tastes pretty good. But normally to save a few bucks I make my coffee, and it's tassimo all the way! Honestly, great brewed coffee from those discs.

8. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I coffee lover from way back I have tried them all. I love Caribou. The flavors and varieties are great and when on sale you can get great deals on it. I have been able to get it on sale with coupons for 1.50 a bag at times. Less than a large cup at the local coffee shop.

9. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Starbucks is just too expensive lol. I just buy coffee in donut sore. And I like their brewed coffee compare to those coffee shops offering too much.

10. murbiz

murbizNew Member

Threads:
    I used to love starbucks coffee so much but it got to a point where it was not doing it for me anymore.After months and months of research on what coffee I would go for,I finally landed on the best coffee ever(atleast in my opinion)

Nothing beats organic coffee.First and foremost it is healthier and has more flavor than the other generic brands that are filled with pesticides.I highly recommend Beantrees Organic coffee.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I like Nescafe and Bustelo. I switch back and forth between the 2 so I don't get bored. Coffee, is such a nice way to get the morning started.

12. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    hahah for me coffee is the only way to get the morning started. i had to go off caffiene for a bit and let me tell you, it really is an addiction. The withdrawl symptoms are brutal.

13. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    Being from Seattle I take my coffee very seriously and was so disappointed in the coffee selection out here in LA that I actually order my favorite coffee from's home and have them shipped here. Caffe Vita and Cafe Ladro are two amazing coffee houses in Seattle that sell their own beans. They both have a great selection and are the smoothest most delicious roasts I've ever had. I would really consider ordering a pound online and giving them a shot, great for drips or espresso! :)

14. JJohnston

JJohnstonNew Member

Threads:
    You should try Starbucks Blonde. It's new and delicious! If you are looking for a less expensive but still pretty tasty coffee, Archer Farms from Target is also really good and comes in a variety of roasts and flavors. Or, the house blend from Costco is great too. Actually, the Costco coffee is a Starbucks blend sold by Costco and marketed as Kirkland brand.

15. KineticFreeze

KineticFreezeNew Member

Threads:
    +1 to this post, I love my espresso. I think it's something that is encoded into Italian DNA. I have no choice but to love it! :D

At my previous job they had one of the Keurig machines and I found that it made a pretty decent cup of coffee if you chose the right pods. There's one made by Timothy's that is called "German Chocolate Cake" and it was fantastic!

Happy brewing!

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I use exactly those two as well! Mostly Bustelo, but my husband recently got us into Nescafe (because he couldn't find the Bustelo at the grocery... men...) and I love it.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Something has happened to my coffee taste buds. I am not enjoying my coffee for the last week or so. I think I had a cup of coffee from the Kerig pot when I was out and my coffe is not making me happy. I think I will get some donut shop coffee for the house.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, the withdrawal is brutal. If I don't get my caffeine fix, I get flu like symptoms, like headaches, nausea, chills. I gave up on trying to wean myself off of coffee and just accepted that I'm basically a caffeine addict and need my fix. I'd rather keep coffee on hand than feel the way I feel when I run out of coffee.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the taste of taste of Taster's Choice coffee, the regular one. I also drink the various 3 in 1 variants of Nescafe, the ones that are packaged in sachets. they come in different flavors.

20. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I love Starbucks coffee. If I don't buy a cup from the shop, then I buy the beans and grind and brew them at home. I really like their dark roast coffee. It is strong, but only takes one cup to get me going in the morning.