Your favorite flower

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by ExpertAdvice • Nov 14, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    We've all come across some flower that we really like, there are a list of the ones that I could think of, which do you like or dislike?

ALSTROEMERIA
    ASTERS
    CALLA LILIES
    CARNATIONS
    CHRYSANTHEMUMS
    DAHLIAS
    DAISIES
    DELPHINIUMS
    GERBERAS
    HYDRANGEAS
    IRISES
    LARKSPUR
    LILIES
    LISIANTHUS
    MIXED BOUQUETS
    ORCHIDS
    PEONIES
    ROSES
    SNAPDRAGONS
    STOCK
    SUNFLOWERS
    TROPICAL FLOWERS
    TULIPS

2. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to add to this list! My favorite flowers are sunflowers and birds of paradise. We have other flowers here that I like as well, but I do not know the English names for them. I really like hibiscus too because I make sorrel with them and I also really love chamomile and calendula flowers for their healing and herbal properties and chamomile makes really good tea.

3. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I like JASMIN flowers.. it reminds me of my grand mother, my mother.. and many childhood memories.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love all flowers but I have a special affinity with geraniums. I adore their scent, and could bury my nose all day in the leaves and flowers of a rose or lemon geranium plant. I am also strongly attracted to roses, and often stop along the way to my work to take in the aroma of the roses that grow in a nearby park and in people's front yards. And then tehre is jasmine... nothing beats those heavy tropical nights filled with the perfume of jasmine. :)

5. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    From the list, I will add that I dislike roses the most. Besides the beauty of yellow roses because I like the color yellow, I really dislike roses. I honestly think they stink when some people say they smell sweet. I never got that red roses are supposed to be a symbol of love. What are they saying? That love stinks? Ha! This is just my personal opinion.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Roses are so beautiful. I've been in love with them since I was a child. My future wedding motif would have to be red. The whole church and reception area would all be decked with red, red roses. But of course my bouquet would have something white interspersed with a few red ones. My other favorite flowers would have to be Calla Lilies, Carnations and Irises. Tulips are nice but they don't really have that awe factor.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Out of that list the ones I like the most are roses, lilies (especially star gazer lilies, my absolute favorite), carnations, orchids and peonies. I love them both for their temperance and their fragrance. I dislike calla lilies, the only thing I really associate them with is funerals.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I really love calla lilies. :) We have roses and amaryllis in our garden, and they are very beautiful as well. I think that I love all kinds of flowers though I do not really like it when they are picked as decorations or gifts.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like roses and bouquets, especially bouquets, since they look expensive as compared to being given just a single rose, lol. I'm not familiar with most names of flowers though, so even if I happen to see a kind that I like, it's likely that I wouldn't know it's name.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand roses lol... they're so cliche, it's terrible and I don't like the look of them. Although I do like the little teacup roses in lighter colours. My sons bought me a bush of them when they were little and they completely grew on me; so sweet. My favourite though is the daisy. It reminds me of my childhood and my grandmother. Simple, yet so beautiful. Her fields were full of them, I loved rolling around in them and picking bouquets.