Your Favorite Guilty Pleasure Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Apr 20, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm usually very controlled when it comes to eating because I always have the tendency to get overboard with it and I would end up with an additional 10 lbs without even noticing it. I do have cheat days though, just so I don't feel like I'm punishing myself too much. On these days I would usually go for burgers, fries, pizzas, nachos with a lot of toppings, potato chips and sodas, but not all at once of course. Do you guys have cheat days wherein you eat anything you want and not feel guilty about it? If so, what foods do you like to eat on this day?

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm a big junk foodie! :-( I know it's bad for my health but I can't stop eating chips! Especially potato chips and those cheese flavored ones. There's not a day that goes by without me eating them. I want to stop actually.

3. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    I am currently working on my self-image and how to not feel guilty when I eat something unhealthy for my body. My favorite guilty pleasure is cheese pizza. I cannot pass up an opportunity to indulge in pizza! :D

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think breads are probably my biggest vice, and cheeses coming in a close second. I always seem to want bread with everything I eat, not to mention I usually make sandwiches throughout the day. Even if I cook something low carb, I'll still want a piece of garlic bread or a roll with it. I also put cheese on almost everything I eat.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love cupcakes, cookies, and sweet baked things in general. Sometimes I can't stop myself from having a brownie after dinner (and let's be real; I don't actually try to stop myself, haha!).

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have cheat days because I really don't trust myself. Eating a whole bunch of my favorite food might trigger a relapse into my old habits.

My guilty pleasure are dark chocolate almonds. I have recently discovered dark chocolate almond clusters. I eat them whenever I get the urge. Fortunately, my store sells them as a bulk item so I can buy as little as I like. Buying an one pound bag is too dangerous.

7. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    My guilty pleasure would always be the cheeseburger from McDonalds. Always, always, I do not feel guilty indulging in it. I can even finish three in one eating! But of course I have to control for health and "body figure" reasons. But every time I feel I deserve to eat due to a job well done, for example, or if I am down and sad or depressed or tired, it is always the cheese burger of McDonalds and nothing else.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anything with cheese! I definitely need a 12 step program for it, it's the one thing I have no will power over lol. I could eat a wheel a day :p

9. harryca

harrycaNew Member

Threads:
    I try to control my cravings but if I happen to stumble upon m&m's I really can't resist. I can easily eat 10 times the recommended serving in a sitting. That's why I avoid buying them and any other chocolate snack there is. This way I have to go out in order to buy it, thus making it harder for me to pig out! :p

10. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Muffins! That's my guilty pleasure! I usually buy the ones with strawberry jam filling and white chocolates on top! I just so love it. When I was in the Philippines, my guilty pleasure is Starbucks..hahaha..I go there every night when I was working on night shifts. all the baristas at the Starbucks branch near our office knew me very well and once they see e, they know what drink and food I would order. :D

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My guilty pleasure foods would have to be something with a dip. I love tortilla chips with the nacho choose dip or the ranch. I could never have just one so I end up eating about half of the bag in one sitting. I just find the flavor combination to be so delicious that I simply can't control the portion size that I end up eating.

12. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Pizza and fries. And chips. I can't keepy chips/dips or other savoury snack items in the house because if they are there, I will have to eat them. So I buy them when I want them. I try to be good during the week, then loosen the shackles on a weekend, otherwise life would be very dull, boring and miserable!

13. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really eat anything in excess, but my "guilty" food would probably have to be cake. I don't really like pizza and fries are great, but I only have them every once in a while. I don't really like chips either, so most of my guilty pleasure foods revolve around sweets.

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm a sweet tooth, so I'd have to go with chocolate, cookies, candy, anything with sugar on it. I try not to eat too much of that for obvious health reasons, but I certainly buy too much of it when I go shopping :p

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too Addicted_buyer. Eat some fruit before you go shopping. It's definitely not the same thing, but the sugars in fruits usually get me past my cravings enough to not come home with a chocolate shop :p

16. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I save up and go for one of those deals from a pizza place once a month. I make some money online and it goes into my PayPal. I don't earn very much so it is just for occasional "treats" rather than anything else. It just supplements my income: I certainly would not be able to live off it. Anyway, there tend to be "package" deals where you get a pizza, 2 sides, drink and a dessert for a lower price than you would pay for those things separately. I order one of those normally. Since I don't make much money online, I can only get this once a month or so anyway. Actually, I don't really feel guilty about it so apologies if this counts as an "off-topic" post.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine would have to be stuffed crust pizza with a bunch of cheese and toppings I know it isn't good for me and I know if I want to lose weight I have to stop eating like that but I just can't help it sometimes lol

18. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Too many guilty pleasures to list! I love salty snacks- chips, cheetos etc. I also could always go for a big plate of french fries or a nice pizza :)

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My guilty pleasure is ice cream. I like all the weird flavors, like birthday cake flavored ice cream, red velvet cake ice cream, even key lime pie ice cream.

20. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've been trying to watch what I eat more, but I definitely have some guilty pleasures. I get a major sweet tooth; and pastries, pies, etc. are a love of mine.