Your favorite "guilty pleasure" TV show

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by isabbbela • Jul 5, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi guys!

So I have never watched so much "dumb" reality TV as I've been doing now. I watch some of the Real Housewives shows, The Bachelorette, some other Bravo TV programs and some TLC. I love those shows to death, and those are the shows I'm always most excited to watch!!

However, those are guilty pleasure shows for me, and I get a bit embarrassed to talk about them with other people! I'm fine admitting I love them to friends and family, but it doesn't exactly send out a good "cultural" impression to others if you just met someone and proclaim your endless love to these type of show! They are so entertaining, but let's face it, they don't really teach us a lot!

I don't plan on stopping to watch those shows anytime soon. I find that they relax and distract me from problems and issues, and to me that is what matters at the end of a stressful day.
    I would like to know from you guys, which shows do you love that are your guilty pleasures?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I really have any. I just like what I like and don't care what others think about it. I won't tell them unless they ask me but that's because I'm pretty reserved IRL
    Since you mentioned reality shows though, I loved watching Married to Jonas. As a Jonas Brothers lover, it was interesting to see a reality program on one of them. I am bummed they mostly only showed Kevin though. I realize that it was his series but I think we could have seen more of him interacting with them.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I have many television shows that I watch that most people would consider dumb. Sometimes, I like the fact that I can sit down and zone out with them. They don't take a lot of brain power, and that helps me unwind from my day. Let's see . . . I like Big Brother, Survivor, Little People LA, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I can't figure out if they really live like that!

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    There's no shame in watching those types of shows if they help you unwind for a long day. If they give you a good laugh and something to talk about, why not? My parents love Big Brother and watch it every year. There really isn't much on during the summer, so I can understand wanting have something to watch. And since it's on three times a week, it gives you something to look forward to more often than weekly shows. And as far as these shows not teaching us much, I disagree with that. If you look at these shows as being a social experiment, Survivor, Big Brother show how ordinary people act when large amounts of money are at stake. I find it to be very interesting to see what people are willing to do.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very rarely watch TV, but if I do, I loathe to admit that I can't stop myself from watching Southpark, even though I can't stand that program. I have a strange love-hate relationship with it. I find it stupid and very clever at the same time. The problem is that a lot of the things said on that show stick in my head for a long time. And I don't know if that is really such good thing. ;-)

6. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    South Beach Tow. Never heard about the show until my car got towed in Miami and I found out the people who did it had their own reality show. Now I watch it and get a glimpse into the minds of the people who towed my car. Spoiler: there isn't much in these heads of theirs, but it's like a typical reality show with drama and dumb plots to numb your brain with.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My guilty pleasure is Storage Wars. I know that they are mostly scripted, and every episode is basically the same thing repeating itself aside from the different items you get to see, but I still love watching it anyway. I just find the show to be very comfortable and I also find the items being showcased to be very interesting. I love being able to see what different items rank in terms of value, and I also like that you get to see some very odd things that you would initially write off as just trash but eventually find out that are worth thousands of dollars.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha. Well I will admit I don't watch many reality shows. On a real lazy day, I will watch any of the Real Housewives franchise. I always feel like my IQ is at a level 0 when I am done watching any of those Housewives shows. I ask myself, "Did you really just wasted an hour watching this nonsense?" Nonetheless, this is my guilty pleasure.

9. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    You probably haven't heard of this show but my guilty pleasure when it comes to TV shows is Gaki No Tsukai. It's a Japanese comedy show that's really funny. The more you get to know the cast, the funnier it becomes. I sometimes cry of laughter just by watching the show. Check it out!

10. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    The only TV show I watch is House. My doctor friend says the medical stuff is horribly bogus and I find the acting insipid, but the scripts are hilarious. I prefer the older seasons to the last couple of seasons.

If I had FX I would never stop watching Married with Children. It is like Jerry Springer only less scripted,

11. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I think many of the guilty pleasure TV shows for me are so many of the reality shows out now like Honey Boo Boo for one. That show can be so ridiculous but sometimes I can't stop watching it lol...lately I haven't felt like watching it as much because its gotten too disgusting for me. It's like how many times can they talk about bathroom functioning lol??? The Kardashians are another one.

12. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Probably my biggest "guilty" pleasure show would be Pretty Little Liars. While I actually think it's a good T.V. show, it's one that many people wouldn't think I actually watch. I'll usually give anything a chance as along as it's not reality T.V. To me, I just find those shows a waste of time and not very entertaining at all. Just my preference though.

13. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    For me it's "Say Yes to the Dress", in front of my friends I pretend to be a tough girl who doesn't care for frivolous thing, but I really enjoy this show, even though I don't support what it stands for. Plus, everyone likes playing dress up and this show kind of reaches out to me on that level. Another show that I would never admit to watching is Four Weddings, it comes right after Say Yes to the Dress and I find that I'm hooked to both these shows.