Your favorite infomercial product

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by hunysukle • May 29, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    For those of you who have purchased anything from an infomerical, which product has been your favorite so far? What product would you recommend above all others? I don't have a favorite infomerical product because I've never actually purchased anything so far.

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Well product wise I cannot recommend anything I have purchased since it usually is below my expectations and I end up disappointed. However, the remixed version of the Slap Chop commercial cracks me up. They remix the commercial into a song and there is a line that says "Watch this, you're gonna love my nuts!"

Its too hilarious not too laugh at, especially at 3:00 a.m.

3. JayGould

JayGouldNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to find that comedy related ones encourage me to buy more.

If an 80 year old woman is stood there shaking and stumbling over her words, I won't buy anything.

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    The shake weight, without a doubt. I got it and man, I just work out with that thing every day! I love it! My arms have gotten really toned from using it all the time too.

5. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I still use my Magic Bullet a couple of times a week to make drinks like smoothies or shakes. I haven't pulled it out to make any sauces etc in awhile though. I have one called Eggies that makes a perfect hard boiled egg. It's a nifty little gadget.

6. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Nearly everything I've purchased off of the tv was crap. I did, however, like the Magic Bullet. It lasted a couple years then the motor burnt out. I hear that they're made better now though.

7. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything but I laugh hard at the Schticky infomercial/commercial. Problem with that shedding p*ssy? Use a Schticky! Also the Snuggie macarena where the judge slams down the gavel while wearing a snuggie!

8. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    The Juicer, because the actors they get to play are like 50 to 60 or something like that.
    lol and they always look like they are having the best time of their life!

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with this in that the remix commerical is hilarious and ordering from the tv will generally result in disappointment. That said I will shop through the "As seen on tv" alse for something that might be useful and isn't too costly. One or two things have been alright, but nothing to write home about.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say that I've bought a lot of things due to an infomercial, but I absolutely love watching a well made infomercial. Not only will I give an infomercial a chance by watching it, but I'll watch one over and over again. I don't even know why or how to describe it, but I love them.

11. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    The shake weight has to be my favorite. I love the way it moves their arms; spectacular lol.

12. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    The Instyler is one product I highly recommend to everyone. It blew me away, when this straightener/curler was actually able to curl my hair and produce curls that would last for up 48 hours with no product in my hair. Normally I cannot get curls to stay in for 20 minutes! Plus it smooths my hair better than other products I have tried in the past have.

Also the visible heat damage to my hair, has been reduced drastically since I started using the InStyler.

13. AvalonX

AvalonXBanned

Threads:

Ha! You stole my thunder. I have 2 of them and I still see that commercial and want to buy another one. It doesn't make that salsa though, it liquefies it. I have to admit it's great with shakes and sauces but anything else forget it. It annihilates anything you put in there. That commercial is so awesome though.

14. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    After getting spoofed on South Park, the Shake Weight seemed kind of like a joke - until my sister received on as a gift. Boy, was that a workout. I like the idea of using something that is portable. I can see myself keeping one at my desk and taking breaks every so often to shake it. You can probably get quite a workout with less effort.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased any of the items seen on TV because I think they will be junk when I get them. I am happy to see several recommendations for the Shake Weigts, I have wondered if they worked as reported on the commericals. Now I have to get myself a set.

16. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I purchased a steam mop from QVC. I later saw it on an infomercial. I actually learned more things I could clean with it. I don't really buy from infomercials. I'm afraid they will charge my account incorrectly or something. I have heard horrors stories about duplicate shipping costs and multiple billings. I don't have enough money to have it on hold while they fix the problem.

17. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought anything from an infommercial. I usually just wait and purchase it when it is available in stores in the As Seen On TV section. I do enjoy watching infommercials though. They know how to make you feel like you need what they are offering.

18. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    The only thing I have bought From an infomercial is a girdle called the Slim n Fit. My mom and I each bought 1 and we are both satisfied with it. We bought different colors (black and beige) so we can just borrow from each other LOL anyway, we're both satisfied with it.