Your Opinion On Larger Tablets

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Jul 3, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I read a rumor somewhere that Apple was planning on releasing a larger tablet - about 15 or 17", if I'm not mistaken, but it was supposedly halted for some reason. I personally was a little bit disappointed to hear that this never came to fruition because I would have loved to have had one of these and I rarely get excited about gadgets. I think having a large screen tablet would be a great addition to any home and although you can't bring it out of The House that much due to the size, I think it would be great to just have this to leave at home anyway because at least you could watch videos on it from afar which would be very useful to me because I love having my tablet on somewhere while I cook.

How about you guys, would you like to see larger tablets come into market someday? Do you think it will sell well?

2. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I think a big tablet would be pretty cool, but it'd also be more inconvenient because of the size. I think it wouldn't be a very big hit since people like the regular tablet size already.

3. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I don't see any reason why would I need that big tablet. Maybe architects and graphic designers will find good use of it. But, for everyday use it's very impractical. If they Apple is making a bigger tablet, then they are desperate for better ideas.

4. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I think they are trying to make a tablet more like a laptop, but haven't really 'hit' that yet. I thought I wanted that one that snapped on and off of a keyboard but I changed my mind. I'm waiting still for just that right fit, and I haven't seen it yet. Hubby found a case/keyboard that works great, I mean GREAT for my ipad, that uses a bluetooth connection for the keyboard. I LOVE that, and it has solved a couple of my problems, as the ipad doesn't have all the touch actually work on all of the touch 'keys', so this case/keyboard is perfect for the times I need to actually type.

5. Broadleaf

BroadleafMember

Threads:
    I think larger tablets are a great idea because the larger surface area can be used to view videos more easily. This is a great advantage and I feel like it would help sales and allow apple to be more competitive. Now all they have to do is lower their pricing! ;)

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    One of the main purpose of the tablet is portability so I wonder why would they produce a tablet that's larger than the ordinary. Although a 15" or 17" is still okay for me but larger than that - I don't like. I would feel awkward using it but it's just my opinion right now. I still wonder if I might even like it once it's already here but I think it will also depend on the tablet's features. :)

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I want it mostly just for leisure, pretty much for the same reason anyone would want a bigger TV, by which I mean I just want a bigger screen so I could watch my videos and movies and shows a little bit comfier on it. I admit that as a designer, it would also be great for that use, though, so thanks for bringing up a very good point. I personally hope Apple does push through with this idea eventually, to be honest.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have never really been a fan off large-screen tablets. One of the biggest issues for me with tablets is the issue of privacy. I like to use my tablets for a lot of social network activities. Communicating with friends or family about personal issues. This becomes a big problem when I'm surrounded by people. I really don't want people to see what I'm messaging someone. I value my privacy. So a bigger screen for me really takes my privacy away from me. I prefer a simple four-inch screen on my mobile phone.

9. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    A 10 inch tablet is enough for me. 10 inches of screen is more than enough to do whatever you need to do. Plus, more than 10 inches would be a hassle to carry. I say that if you want a bigger tablet, just get a laptop.

10. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    To be honest I don't see the point in tablets anyway. The're basically just massive iPhones. It's hilarious watching people going around taking photos with their book sized tablet. 15' and 16' is a ridiculous size, that's as big as a medium sized laptop. It just goes against the purpose of a tablet being mobile because now you have to carry it around in a case it's so big.

11. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    A tablet at that size almost feels like you're just carrying around the screen of a moderate sized laptop. For me, if a device is approaching that size, it had better have a keyboard or a kickstand. Otherwise, it will feel way too cumbersome and detract from the appeal that made tablets popular in the first place.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wouldn't that tablet be too huge to lug around? But I realize that are some people who would prefer such tablets though and should they come out then we may be saying goodbye to laptops in the near-future. Nonetheless, I wouldn't get one for myself because, well, I hate touch-screen devices.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It would be difficult to lug around, but I was thinking that you wouldn't have to and instead you could just treat it like a desktop or even a laptop that you would move around only minimally. I'm surprised how many people are suspecting it wouldn't be too portable since we've already been doing this for a long time with laptops, to be honest.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's ultra thin and light then I think it would be a great addition to the list of gadgets being released, since I'm staring at our monitor which is 17 inches, and it's quite heavy to be carried around. If it's gonna be very light, then I think it would not be a problem to carry it around. I love staring at large screens.

15. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    We can't use tablets for doing serious work anyway. They're too inconvenient for working.

And a 15 or 17" tablet would be hard to carry around too.