Your Top Sandwich Ingredients

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 22, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm honestly not that big of a fan of sandwiches, to be honest, and I don't even really like burgers that much. I usually would prefer rice or noodles, but I do crave sandwiches from time to time, and whenever I do, I'd either order a burger or a clubhouse sandwich from my favorite restaurants. Usually, my favorite part of the order is the side dish, which is usually french fries, my favorite. Back on topic, though, if I were to create my own perfect sandwich, I'd probably put pulled pork, coleslaw, caramelized onions, barbecue sauce and horseradish sauce, in any combination would probably keep me happy for weeks. What are your top choices for ingredients or items in a sandwich?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love burgers and sandwiches, but I don't really create them, I usually buy them. I think that for me, the top sandwhich ingredients would be cheese, burgers, and lettuce.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    When I started my new job, I learned that the sandwiches are a great alternative for our lunch. However, we must appeal to our imagination to not get bored. The ingredients that I use most are: tuna, cheese, olives, tomato, onion, chicken ... Of course, there are also small delights of the local cuisine such as sausage (chorizo) sandwich (choripan), the morcilla sandwich (morcipan ) or pork's bondiola sandwich. Just writing it makes me salivate. :p

4. Dalex

DalexNew Member

Threads:
    Hamming it up...

My absolute favorite sandwich is a perfect Ruben, which I either have to spend a fortune to make at home or have to go 300 miles to Portland to get a decent one. My favorite at home go-to is thinly sliced, lightly toasted quality bread - light rye, sourdough, wheatberry topped with a thin layer of Dijon mustard on piece and a layer of cream cheese on the other. Next I add, on top the mustard, a piece of red leaf lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced sweet red pepper, about 6 slices of pepper or black forest ham, a sprinkle of freshly grated black pepper and then I top it with the cream cheese piece, cut in half and devour.

Sometimes I swap out the ham for turkey and if I'm really feeling 'bad' I add some microwave or oven crisped pepperoni or bacon and then a layer of Swiss or provolone between the veggie layers. I know, I know - that's a'lotta dairy and fat...that's why it's 'sometimes' and not 'always':eek:

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a bread junkie so I love all sorts of sandwiches. Some of my favorite sandwiches are grilled pannini's made with ciabatta rolls. One I've been making a lot lately is just simply hard salami, smoked provolone, and some hungarian hot peppers in oil (packed with garlic and oregano). I load up a ciabatta roll with them, then place it on my Foreman grill for a long time until the sandwich is heated though and all the cheese is melted, and the crust is golden and toasty. I also do the same thing as a breakfast sandwich, scramble some eggs with scallions in garlic infused olive oil. Then add sausage and sharp cheddar and grill the whole thing on the Foreman until it's all toasty. For lunch I like to saute some fresh spinach in garlic infused olive oil with a pinch of sea salt and red pepper flakes. Then add it to the roll with feta and fresh mozarella and grill it up. Then serve it with a bowl of marinara sauce to dip it in.