Your Vacation Destination This Year

Discussion in Travel started by gracer • Mar 4, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Normally during summer time, my family and I would take time to travel since it's also vacation time from school for our son. I've been talking with some friends and we've been discussing about our travel destinations for the summer vacation. Most of them aim to go to the beaches while some opt for international trips.

My family on the other hand is planning to travel domestically in the northernmost part of our country because we've been wanting to go there for a long time now.

How about you guys, what are your vacation plans this year? Where do you plan to travel to once summer season starts in your part of the world?

2. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    My vacation destination this year wouldn't be single destination. I had good time there and would love to make a tour at all these places. I am not sure that i could explore all these places at once. But here going to share some names with you.
    Grand Canyon
    Zion National Park
    New York
    Niagara falls (US/CANADA)
    Hawaiian Islands.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Next week (March 20) my husband and I have a trip to Bangkok, Thailand together with 3 of my sister's children. It was actually a request by the children and we relented when we went to the travel expo last February. There was a sale of plane tickets at 50% discount and even more. We also bought tickets for Singapore in October and that time it will be my sister and her husband coming with us. It's nice to see cheap plane tickets and we are tempted to buy.

4. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Ohhh Corzhens, That's really close. Let me tell you that Bangkok is such an beautiful city which so many of the outstanding kind of places for a travelling freak, But at the same time that is a very popular city in scamming, The city is also known as city of scams. So be careful about that and my wishes are with you that may you'll have wonderful time there. So have a great journey and best of luck.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    We are planning a family trip to Yosemite National Park in the U.S. I've never been there before so I'm really excited but trying to find cheap ways to do things since we are going to be a big group. If you type in Yosemite Coupons in Google, they will show coupons for March of 2016 but nothing else. I'm hoping as we get closer to the date we will also have coupons for the time we are going. It is the 100 years of the National Parks this year so I'm also hoping there might be something unique to this years visits that will be memorable.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Since the Canadian dollar is low compared to the US dollar we are planning to stay in Canada otherwise we normally go to Lake George NY to go to the shopping outlets. We like to go within a 4 hour drive of where we live so Montreal and Toronto fall in this range. Toronto is great vacation spot. We go see a Blue Jays game and see the Hockey Hall of Fame. They have a fantastic aquarium there. It's also only a half hour drive to Niagara Falls. There is so much to see and do.

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Well Heartland! Yellowstone national park is an amazing destination amongst nature lovers. I also had good time there and would love to know about your adventures journey. I would suggest you to must read

before going there for once.

8. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Actually planning a trip to Niagara Falls Canada as we speak! It seems like a really fun place and it's close to both Toronto and Buffalo. They have an excellent local scene of both craft breweries and as well as wineries. There is the typical touristy stuff but that's not really my thing.
    Instead we have found a lot of fun things to do for free! If your headed to NF Canada and you like the outdoors they have so many parks and things for free. There is this "Queen Victoria" park thats really close to the falls. There is "Queenston Heights" which has some hiking and some history monument The one I am really looking forward to hiking is the Niagara Gorge. It looks pretty intense and it's right bu the water down from the base of the Falls.
    Niagara-on-the-Lake area is really nice too, kinda fancy for my taste but I know the Girl will love it.
    We are even saving even more money by staying at a University dormitory since the students are away for the summer. I actually stayed there once before for a work conference, it was at Niagara College. I mean it's basic, it's a dorm but it's cheap and the staff seem to know their stuff, the one young man was studying hospitality. I heard Brock University has a similar setup but I have not been myself.
    I am going to assume there is going to be A LOT of American's though, with the CAD being so cheap (Which is why we are staying in Canada this summer.)

9. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    You should think to be in Fortune Island or some cool places of USA as Yosemite National park or Boston's public garden those are some of the cool options to have fun in summer season and enjoy some time with family members in natural surroundings that always remain a cool idea to have fun.

10. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    sidjohn! Your suggested places are really nice and i had good time there during my tour. BrandonScooterman! If you will make a visit there so i am sure you will have good time there as well as i had. I would say that you must have a tour to US West Caost if you really wanna see some of most beautiful places like Yosemite, Yellow stone and others.

11. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Taraa, Would you like to tell me something about Yellow stone campgrounds? I am interesting to know as well BrandonScooterman would be to make fun there. So if you have any sort of experience to enjoy camping then share with us.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two trips in my near future. Since there are two, I'm like a crazy person with all the planning.

My husband and I will be stealing away for our anniversary. We will do some wine tasting and visit some vineyards.

Later, I'll be going home to visit family. We are having a surprise birthday party for one of my relatives. I'm going to be quite busy, but I'm looking forward to all of it. This is looking like it will be a very nice summer with some extra things going on. It should be lots of fun.