YouTube Cooking Channels

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Sep 2, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    From time to time, I like to watch some YouTube cooking shows to relax and maybe learn a few new recipes, but I usually just type in some keywords and click on some random links in hopes that I'll eventually find a good one. However, that's not always the case as most of the time the videos I land on are kind of crap, so I'm hoping to get some suggestions from you guys to get somewhat more uniform results next time. Thanks in advance!

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For some bizarre reason, Youtube keeps suggesting cooking videos from Australia to me all the time - I cannot for the life of me figure out why. But if I do a search for some recipe, usually the first few videos are all from Australian channels. No offense to those from Australia, but the thick accent starts to drive me up a wall after a while. There are also some not-so-talented home chefs on there who like to flood Youtube with all their videos, and they keep showing up too. A lot of these people are trying too hard to make a name for themselves and build their "brand" to the point where they start acting exaggerated and fake, not to mention forced. Most of their "jokes" and other banter are awful too.

There are a few that I found though that I really like, which include FoodWishes, Steamy Kitchen, and Laura Vitale (although her voice is super nasal-y).

You can also use a minus sign before a keyword if it's something you want to exclude. For instance, if one channel in particular that you hate keeps showing up in your search results, include a "-channelname" in your search query to exclude it.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watch John Witherspoon's Youtube cooking videos for fun. They're called Cooking For Poor People. I always wonder why he has no shirt on and why there is a lady's shoe in his kitchen in some of the videos and a giant dog bone in others.
    Obviously that's not his real kitchen. Since he's been in so many movies and shows, I'm pretty sure that his actual house is nice. I love watching him on Black Jesus.

[video=youtube;bOy3SlCP5Y8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOy3SlCP5Y8[/video]

#3Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know Youtube had cooking channels. I've been on one or two today! It's great what you can find out on Forums. I'm loving this forum for this :). I've come across a number of different cooking channels on Youtube now, that I will really enjoy watching.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Without any doubt most of them are always very effective. I follow several of these channels and I'm always trying to make some new recepies (especially those ones that are very fast and practical).

The results are usually always very good (according to my family, my girlfriend and my friends :D).

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I need some recipes or how to do something like tying special knots, I ask youtube.com after logging in, recipes for ...or how to tie a sailors knot. I get very good videos. I try to listen and watch video that have the same measurement as America so I don't have to find a converting site. I love to find recipes or how to videos so I can learn and eat good food, lol!

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    So far the only cooking video that I have watched is a video tutorial for cooking pancakes.. And my finished product still sucks after 3 tries! I think I ought to really learn how to cook, but I think I will try local channels first since I want to learn how to cook local food.

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to cooking Japanese Food, I love watching the channels Ochikeron and RunnyRunny999 because they kept things more simple and they offer both modern and traditional Japanese food. When it comes to healthy dishes, Clean and delicious is one of the best channels out there. That channels offers a lot of easy yet nutritious dishes.

When it comes to Humor I watch Rebecca Brand, Her recipes are awesome but I watch her because she is a hotmess and that makes me laugh. If I want to learn baking cakes or cooking Italian cuisine, Laura in the Kitchen is the best channel for that.

If you want to save Money, depression cooking is a great channel because it shares historical recipes from the Great depression as cooked and narrated by Clara (a 98 year old survivor of the Great depression) She shares a lot of great stories behind though money saving recipes.