Zenni Optical

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by renmew • Apr 20, 2012.

1. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    I finally gave Zennioptical.com a try. My youngest daughter has been in glasses since she was 16 months old and she's been through quite a few since then. The $100 glasses from the eye doctor have lasted anywhere from 2 days to 8 months. I finally sprang for a $300 pair (frames only :eek:) by Nike. They have lasted pretty long, with a little help, because they are pretty bendable. Still, she needed a backup pair, especially since she is only 3 1/2 and forgets where she put the glasses down all the time.

I decided that a $12 pair from Zenni (frames and lenses) plus about $5 for shipping could last 3 months and still be saving me money. Well, they came today, a few days ahead of schedule, and I am very satisfied. The glasses feel quite sturdy, the arms are tight and even, and the lenses arrived perfectly clean. The eye doctor is going to check the prescription for me next week, to double check. These are supposed to be her backup pair, but since it's another new prescription we're going to go ahead now and send her old expensive ones in to get new lenses.

The only downside is the heaviness of the lenses. Yes, her prescription got worse this time (she is x5 on one side and x6 on the other), but they seem significantly thicker than the last pair.

Long story short, if you're paying an arm and a leg for eye glasses, I suggest giving them a try.

2. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend got a spare pair of glasses from Zenni (bifocals for about $35) and they are very nice, she could not detect any difference in her vision using these glasses versus her other pair that was almost $200. When she ordered the spare pair, she also ordered a pair of their $8 glasses, more as an experiment as to what would an 8$ pair of glasses be like. It turned out that the lenses seemed just as accurately made as either of the other pairs and the workmanship was ok.

3. Scarletpyxi

ScarletpyxiMember

Threads:
    I've been considering getting some glasses from them for about a year. Thank you for the review, I definitely think I am going to force myself to choose from their huge variety sometime next month. I really need a pair of glasses to act as a backup for my contacts!

4. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased any glasses from there yet but my sister has bought a few pair and she says that they work just fine. So, I actually went onto their site to see what they had to offer and I was surprised by the variety and options to choose from. The major bonus is the fact that these glasses are very cheap. I'm really thinking about investing in a pair. It would be nice to have a back-up just in case I break the glasses I'm currently wearing. I just have to hunt down my prescription first.

5. alid1

alid1New Member

Threads:
    I love zennioptical. I have bought 5 pairs now. 1 pair boke after a month of use, but they were only $6.00. I love the options. I bought a pair of prescription sunglasses for $35.00, such a deal over the opthamologist's office. My friend has bought a pair, and they are adorable. The only downside is buying your first pair, and realizing the bridge of your nose is too big. So now, I only buy large bridge sized glasses.

6. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I buy my glasses from Zenni as well. I have been happy with all three pairs of the glasses have referred my mother and grandmother to the site as well, they now both also order from the. The only thing is my eyes are so bad that they added an extra 9 dollar fee for "extra strength". It seems no matter where I try to get glasses online this always is the case. It is a bit disappointing when the fee ends up being an extra 25 dollars at ertain online strores, but the price usually still ends up being quite a bit cheaper then anywhere else I may go such as Vision World.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah unfortunately in this society, they treat people with legit vision issues like genetically flawed freaks. The worse your vision problems are, the more they charge you for a decent pair of glasses. I will be shopping only for my next pair though. Better selection and way cheaper prices. With my right eye vision issues, my prescription in total frames included, would run me $900 retail. Online stores the price doesn't seem to go above $150.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about this type of eye glass companies online. I have to admit I am more then a little interested by them. After all prescription eye glasses can cost a pretty penny. I have had a few issues though, first of all how reliable is this type of service in getting your prescription correct. I think this would be my biggest concern in buying eye glasses online. Second how do I get my prescription to send it them to have them make my eye glasses. Do I actually ask my eye doctor for the prescription. I don't know what a good idea that would be, since it would be for an online eye glass store. Somehow I don't think my doctor would be for such a service being used.