zipper help!!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by malia22 • Sep 8, 2012.

1. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    I have found that lately I have been having horrible luck when it comes to zippers. I mainly wear skirts and dresses and lately they seem to be snagging a lot or the zipper seems have widened and wont push together to close. It's so bad that I think I may have to take some of my favorite pieces to a tailor and see if I can get new zippers put in but since I have never done that before I was wondering if that was even possible? Some of my stuff is nice silk and I don't know if it could handle it.

Any suggestions?

2. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    It is possible, but you have to be extremely carefully with silk. Ask around and see what locals recommend as far as a trusted seamstress. I sew and silk is very tricky. I would post on Craigslist and ask for recommendations too. Is ther a reason like maybe an extra pound or two that is causing the issues or is it just crappy luck?

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Zippers are not made as well now a day as they use to be. They are more or less throwing things together now that taking there time. They are trying to keep up with production, so be careful when you are buying nice pieces, check them before you purchase. But a really good seamstress should be able to fix it for you.