When do you buy new clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by 003 • Jun 6, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy one when I need to. If I don't have it and I need it for some reason, I take it no matter how expensive it would be. But generally, I don't buy clothes just to buy, even if I really like the item. I buy only when the clothes are on sale and that I'd be able to get a lot of discounts. This when I buy new clothes and also other stuff. I find it not practical to buy ones that are of their original price. Besides, there clothes that are on sale happen to be really good.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I buy clothes when I feel like I need them. I don't have a set time but often I will feel it within me whenever I need new clothes to change things up. It most of the time depends on how many clothes I have in circulation but I have to admit it doesn't entirely depend on that and sometimes I just splurge to feel a little better since having new clothes can sometimes help in boasting the spirits at least for me. I try to give all excess wardrobe to charity at the end of the year though so I don't feel too bad about piling up especially since I usually only buy cheap items anyway.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy new clothes when I feel like it as well and if I can afford it. Like when I see something in a thrift store for example, I would buy it immediately, regardless of whether I need it or not.

4. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I only buy clothes when I need them, and if there are shops with nice offers I usually do pick some small stuff as well. They have to be really nice if I'm going to pick them without any need.

5. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I usually add to my wardrobe and get rid of older, worn items at the beginning of each season. I do not necessarily buy new clothes each season, usually only if a specific item needs to be replaced. For example, this year at the end if fall, I noticed that I needed a new winter coat and gloves. It has been a couple years since I have replaced them, so I purchased new ones this year. In the spring, I will unpack my spring and summer clothes and donate items I know I will not wear and throw out items that are too worn, and assess whether or not those items will need to be replaced.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Unless I need something desperately I usually wait to buy new clothes until stores are having sales. I like to wait until black Friday or right after the holidays to stock up on winter clothing and during the summer sales for spring/summer clothes.

However, every once in a while I will splurge and buy something full price, especially if I have a gift card.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Like you I tend to buy clothes when I need them. Unless they are such a good bargain I won't buy clothes. I go window shopping at the thrift shops. They had a nice sale 50% off everything in store on Veterans Day and got a window curtain. I like shopping at thrift stores where sometimes you can get brand new things too for such a low price. Walmart has really good prices for clothes that I found recently too.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regularly buy clothes because I use it in the office (in my position, we have no uniform). My husband is the opposite, he buys clothes irregularly since he is not choosy with office wear like me. Particularly with blazer, I always check for loose ends and faded portions and when I see some bad spots, that's the time to get a replacement. What do I do with the old clothes? I give them away to those who want.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One should buy clothes only when they need them. I have a neighbor who buys new clothes every Friday. I never can do that because apart from the fact that I wouldn't buy more clothes than I'd wear, I wouldn't spend $50 or so each week buying new clothes. I also never buy clothes for any special occasions. Only when I need to replace the clothes I have will I buy new clothes.

10. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As the majority of my clothes can all be mixed and matched as well as dressed up or down to suit every occasion and are also really good quality and therefore usually last for quite a while before they begin to look shabby - I really only ever buy new clothes when something actually needs replacing - which as its generally only a few items each season - I much prefer to shop for towards the end of each season.

Simply because - not only does it avoid the hassle of trying to find pre-season bargains for much needed items the following year - at a time when prices are usually quite high - but as all my favorite stores have end of season sales where they sell off all the remaining season's stock at often way less than half price and I'm normally able to pick up everything I need at those times and at knock out prices too - it saves a huge a money.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually try my best to only purchase clothes when I need them. For example, now I want to look for dress shirts to work because I don't have many. So I am looking to buy some. I also want some sundresses for the summer (it's summer now where I live).
    Of course, often I will catch myself receiving a newsletter from a store and doing some online damage (aka shopping). But I'm trying to minimize that!

12. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I actually need to buy clothes whenever I get the money for it. I am really excited to buy some! I am SO tired of my old ones. It’s going to take a while to get here... BUT it will be worth it when it does. But I am totally due for some clothes right now. I am always giving my money away to my family to make them happy. But lately I want to get stuff for myself. SO clothes are on my first things first list. I wonder if that makes sense...

13. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy clothes when I need to buy them. I don't like to end up with an excess of clothes sat around that I don't wear, so I only buy what I really need. I do usually have a spare pair of shoes sat around though. I hate not having any shoes that are suitable to wear for whatever reason.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I buy new clothes when I see a good deal that I just can't pass up on. If it is too good to be true and I know it probably won't go any lower, then I buy. I bought some black pants at JCP for a dollar. I had a $10 off of $10 coupon and the pants were on clearance for $10.99. I knew I couldn't pass up the deal and I had to buy them while it was hot!

15. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I personally buy new clothes when I somehow feel kinda bored of the ones I already have or when new trends come out and I like something from it I just go to the closest commercial center and seek for it, evenwhen it is inda hard to find trendy clothes in my country and they're also expensive I would just do it that way.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I buy new clothes when i need them but I've had my occasional on a whim clothes shopping when i spot something really nice, i just go for it as long the price is reasonable and won't hurt my budget.

17. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I rarely buy my own clothes since I graduated from college just over a year ago. I usually get it as presents or clothes my mom no longer wants or they didnt end up fitting. With that said I wanted to add more skirts and dresses to my wardrobe so I did go on a shopping spree at the beginning of March and bought a weeks worth of clothes. That was my first time buying my own clothes though.

18. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy them when I really need to, and as a result of this I have a lot of clothes in my wardrobe that I've had for ages. There are many things that I have worn lots of times, but I always look after my items of clothing and this means that they don't wear out as often as you might think they would. So I do save a lot of money on clothing, and find that I don't have to replace things all that often - which is clearly great for my bank balance in the long term!

19. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I also don't buy clothes for just the sake of it, however whenever I find myself in need of buying clothes lately, I find myself buying a little over my budget, as this seems to have become a kind of passion for me, no necessarily buying, but putting clothes together into an outfit. Also when I see big discounts, and I know this is also a market strategy, I tend to lose my cool.

20. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    New clothes can give your spirit a lift, but these days I do not buy new clothes as often as when I was a lot younger and could afford to do so. I usually like to buy new clothes coming on to Christmas time since that is the time when everyone around here like to look their best. We always like to feel we have something fresh and new for the season. It could be either dressy clothes or casual wear. Other than that, I may opt to buy a new outfit for a special occasion, like a wedding, for instance.