Poor Customer Service

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Dola1991 • Jul 8, 2014.

1. Dola1991

Dola1991New Member

Threads:
    When I make purchases, I take customer service very seriously, especially when it is for the first time. I have zero tolerance for poor customer service. With that being said, many if these employees walk around with their chest out as if customers need them when it is the other way around. When faced with bad customer service, I just leave the store and shop elsewhere.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I hate bad customer service one the phone or in a store that will keep me from shopping with anyone because of bad service. I have no problem with contacting the headquarter of any job about how I have been treated whether bad or good I like to give my feedback.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I can't stand bad customer service either especially when visiting a place for the first time. When it's bad it just makes me not want to go back. I particularly can't stand when you have to chase employees down for some service. I have had that issue at one grocery store in the area I use to live it's like they need to have some sort of button you push that they can hear when you need some assistance at those Uscan sections like they do in certain CVS stores. But to the other grocery store's defense, when they DO come they're very professional. You just have to catch them first, it's annoying.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw an example of poor customer service at the post office. This poor woman was worried because an important package was missing, but showing in the computer as delivered and the clerk did not care and was rude and unhelpful. When the woman asked who the mail carrier for her area was, the clerk refused to tell her.

Having a package stolen from your doorstep or mailbox sucks and I think the clerk could have at least pretended to be sympathetic. It is an awful feeling to have something stolen from you and the clerk acted like the customer was bothering her by asking for help.

5. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't actually managed to have any experienced and friendly custommer support until this moment of my writing, beside probably Microsoft's one which was about average. The rest of them were either arrogantly-speaking with me which, ultimately, made me hang up without any further commentaries to be done ( I truly do not like to be mocked whatsoever) or not willing to fix my problem in any way, because I felt exactly like speaking either with the walls or an automated voicemail. I know we all have bad days and we can't really focus on our job if we are distracted by something rather appaling, but we should always keep our thoughts strictly to our job and not ruin others' day just because you potentially had yours ruined before. I would be more comprehensible if people stopped to fully expose their feelings towards me, really, as some of them were even deliberately talking with me about advices. How desperate would you need to be to ask for this kind of thing? I'd seek urgent psychical help via Internet if I felt like doing the same thing like them.
    This isn't really the worst thing that has happened to me before as you might think. Not at all, in fact. I've recently spoken with a guy which seemed like a robot, without even actually lying! I wanted to seek help regarding a type of shampoo, and I think he has just read some pre-made questions from the computer or a paper. I wanted to know if the sample was available in my country, but he kept asking me for my personal information. Before you might say it probably was a bogus number, it was actually the one shown on their official site! I don't know if that happens solely with me ( I truly hope not ) or if someone has experienced those two experiences before ( probably more, but I can't remember them).
    I think I'll leave my house for a bit, probably I've attracted too much bad luck upon myself, else I can't explain what's happening.

6. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    If I'm already purchasing a product, poor customer service is not likely to affect my decision. The eternal optimist in me usually marks poor customer service as the person having a bad day, and I try to move on from it. If I'm yet undecided about purchasing something, poor customer service will definitely influence me to shop elsewhere.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Poor customer service can leave a bad taste in your mouth about that company. Some places just seem to have the rudest people in the world working for them, one of those stores I have seen something I wanted and then though about the service I would receive when I went into the store and decided to not make the purchase just so I would not have to deal with the employees.

8. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I am not too particular about customer service, usually I prefer shopping by myself anyway and having overly zealous employees constantly asking me if I'm doing okay can get a bit irritating. Also, for me the prices that the store offers and the quality of their products is more important, at the end of the day its the product that your taking home and that's what needs to be good. Customer service does make a difference in certain settings, but to an indifferent customer it really doesn't matter.

9. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I usually speak my mind if I am receiving poor customer service. I don't find that there is any excuse for it. Just today, I had my first ever poor experience with Amazon customer service and I made sure to let them know that not only was I not pleased, I was shocked to be treated this way. Once I made it clear how I truly felt, the issues were cleared up within a matter of minutes. Never ever be afraid to speak up for yourself. You might be surprised at what happens!

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah customer service does not generally matter. If I am already intent on buying something it's easy to research what I want. Who needs customer service when you got the internet at your fingertips? As far as navigating in a store, it's not usually too complicated even in a disorganized store like Walmart. I guess however in a new area you would be more apt to need customer service. However if I'm not happy enough I can just shop somewhere else so the only time customer service really bothers me is with a monopoly than you have no choice but to put up with them.

11. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I really really hate bad customer service, especially when on the phone. I once talked to a customer support agent about my crappy internet connection and she said they'd fix it which was great news but when I asked when can I expect it to be fixed she just scoffed at me and said "We'll fix it when we can" and she just hang up. The very next day I called in again and I asked them to terminate my contract with them. Another thing I hate are those grumpy store clerks, I understand they hate their job but come on! It's not fair to take it on the customers.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Poor customer service is always a turn off for most customers. Sometimes I think they just pick on people who they see as 'inferior' [the manner of their dress could indicate that they don't make much money] so these guys think it's OK to be rude because that customer might not buy anything after all. For me, that's never been a problem [of late] because the stores [in the small town] where I live are small and as there aren't many people living here, being rude to a customer could cost you your business.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty lenient with customer service, particularly in cases where they are getting paid crap wages and treated like crap by their managers. I know how obnoxious dealing with the public can be as well.

One of my biggest gripes these days is our local post office. The people who work the counters there are infuriatingly slow. There can be a line of people clear out the door, and they will just ho-hum along with each customer and take their good old time. I mean, make some effort to show some sense of urgency to keep the lines moving along efficiently. Don't stand there acting like you're blind to all the others waiting, and start making pointless small talk with the current customer at the counter. Then when they go to retrieve a package or something, they just mosey along like they got all the time in the world. It drives me nuts.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are some customer service folks who have creeped me out for being way too overzealous. I stayed at a Villa in Carlsbad, CA for a week for work, and all the staff throughout the place were occasionally addressing me by my first name - I had never met any of them before in my life, and it was honestly making me paranoid like I was being watched at all times. I've also had to call Google for customer support with their ad platform & analytics, and often times their representatives act like they are on pins and needles the whole time, as if someone has got a gun to their head. They are overly apologetic over every little thing, and it gets exhausting letting them know it's ok and I'm fine, and they're doing just fine helping me.

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand arrogant staff either. When I walk into a store and it takes the staff about ten minutes to tear themselves away from their texting or chatting facebook, I can't be bothered to stay and ask for anything at all. If I need to buy something that requires a lot of information and even advice, I need people who are friendly and knowledgeable. Rudeness doesn't come into it for me. I just walk out of the shop and look elsewhere.

15. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I am used to working in the dirt and sun. So I always try to be nice to anyone I come in contact with. Even though I might be drenched in sweat and dirt. So when I walk into a store where people are not sweating or covered in dirt, or have wet feet. I would like to see some smiles you know? It's common courtesy anyways. If a customer is rude, pray for them and be nice!

God bless, LIONZFIRE

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that customer service isn't a big deal at the store, but I hate dealing with bad customer service over the phone. I called my credit card company to try and change my payment date and I had to talk to 4 different people to do it, and I had to repeat my information several times, and be on hold several times. I spent over an hour on the phone over a small issue. All this from a company that advertises on TV that you can change your due date if it's inconvenient.