Gnc Superfoods Apple Cider Vinegar- Fantastic Weight Loss Tool!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by IrishHeather • Jun 6, 2015.

1. IrishHeather

IrishHeatherMember

Threads:
    My husband and I have been committed to living a healthier life style since January of this year, we are always on the look out for natural products that we can use as tools to aid us in this endeavor. For the last two months we have been using 'GNC SuperFoods Apple Cider Vinegar' after I did extensive research into this well known "cure all" that has been used throughout history.

Hubby and I originally started using it as a weight loss aid, and I can tell you that it works very well. In the last two months I have lost close to 9 lbs. and my husband is closing in on about 11 lbs. lost! Its not super quick but it is steady and that makes me happy.

While its not understood exactly how apple cider vinegar works the way it does, researchers believe that apple cider vinegar improves digestion which in turn reduces the amount of time that fats remain in the digestive tract. The less time fats are present in the digestive tract, the less fats will be absorbed and the greater the weight loss. It has been suggested that the apple cider vinegar works because it makes the body burn calories better, that it reduces the appetite or simply that it gets the entire metabolism working at top efficiency. It also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination and it neutralizes any toxic substances taken into the body.

We think this product is a win-win for anyone looking to improve their health and well being. I could go on and on about the different uses for this terrific product but I don't think there is enough ink in my computer...:D

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with apple cider vinegar.

#1Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
  2. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of the health benefits of pure apple cider vinegar but not especially for weight loss but for lowering cholesterol and helping against heart disease. I use it as a dressing in salads and as a condiment too for heart health. The fact that it is good for weight loss is an added bonus.
    I shall use it more often from now on.
    Are there any other ways you can suggest that it can be taken? I don't fancy drinking it on its own.

3. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering the same thing. If I have to hold my nose and take a shot, I can probably do it in the name of weight loss. But they wouldnt be my preferred method. I always have some around here. I've only had a use for it when I was trying to kill fleas on my dogs. Any recipes would be GREATLY appreciated

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I tried it for weight loss and it did nothing for me. I was adding raw ACV to water in the morning and evening, not taking a pill or tablet. I think it is a good thing to add to your diet in things like salad dressing, but I personally did not see any improvement in my metabolism because of it. You may be losing weight simply because you are eating healthier foods as well.

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I was actually hoping this would be a way to cheat, and lose weight, without eating healthier. Lol my issue, to be honest, is I need to figure out a way to suppress my hunger. It's ridiculous how many hours out of the day I spend trying to convince myself to not eat. And it's really horrible when I get down to eating twice a day, and then cheat. I tell myself I'm not going to gain a bunch of weight because I cheat once. And after a week of eating too much, I'm almost in years. So I really need an appetite suppressant.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tasted the apple cide vinegar for its benefits of lower cholesterol, the taste is something you have to get use to, the warm water and lemon is not bad but the vinegar in a glass of warm water is test of will but I have to remember why I am doing it, to avoid taking medicine so I will stick with it.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @IrishHeather@IrishHeather I couldn't get the link to work. Is it the liquid you're using, or a pill form? I've tried drinking a shot of it in the morning, because I've heard it's really good for digestion, and revving up metabolism, but that doesn't work for me, because I have reflux and an ulcer, so maybe a pill form would work better for me.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, too. Everyone who's used it seems to have nothing but good things to say about it. I first started experimenting with it because I had terribly uneven skin and read somewhere that you could use it as a face toner and also mix it with a little water and drink it. I didn't try it for long, but I felt it was too harsh for my face, even diluted. The taste was too horrible for me to continue. But now I've seen your post, I think I might just have to grin and bear it, give it another chance LOL

9. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My grandmother swore by apple cider vinegar for a myriad of health benefits. She would just drink it straight every morning. I haven't ever tried to do that myself; so far I've only used it for other reasons, such as treating an earache.

10. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I think apple cider vinegar is brilliant for all sorts. I have a really dry scalp, a friend told me to use it once a week on my hair because it is supposed to help with it and it did! It is a cheap alternative to medicated shampoos and does the same thing!

11. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I've never used apple cider vinegar but have heart great things about it. My mom is a faithful user and uses it for her health and to keep her weight in check. I plan on using it for weight loss and hope it helps.

12. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I tried apple cider vinegar for about a week and it did nothing for me as far as weight loss is concerned. If I don't see a difference in a week for anything that touts itself as a weight loss product, I lose interest. The vinegar is hard to drink too. I literally had a few times when I thought I was going to barf it up and I'm not one to toss my cookies very often... I think the key is to go slow and sip it.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also recently been told it's very good for stomach cramps. I have recently been experiencing some excruciatingly painful stomach cramps in the upper part of my tummy. Apparently it's acid and somehow Apple Cider Vinegar is very good at neutralising the acid. If anything, I would think it would only it worse, but apparently not. I hear the baking soda that people widely use for this stomach complaint may work short term, but may actually cause more harm than good in the long term. So I'm looking forward to putting this theory to the test if I have that pain again, which of course I hope I don't.

14. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a fan of any apple cider vinegar brand but I do buy large bottles of apple cider vinegar every now and then, regardless of the brand name. You can use or consume it in so many ways. We don't use apple cider for cooking, though, because it's really expensive (we use coconut vinegar instead since it's cheaper). It's more ideal to drink cider vinegar after meals for better digestion.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Back in the early 90's I dropped about 60 lbs through a combination of light workouts (exercise bike or cross ski machine) and eating low fat, and also taking those cider vinegar pills in conjunction with another set of pills that I had to take at night just before bed. The cider vinegar pills definitely helped, but occasionally they would cause me to get an upset stomach from the sourness. I can't recall the name of the other pill though, but you had to take 4 of them each night and they would cause you to burn more calories while you sleep. They wouldn't really make you lose weight quickly on their own, but they definitely accelerated my weight loss in conjunction with everything else I was doing.

One supplement I would caution against is the cayenne pepper pills - take too many of them at once and you will be in for some serious pain later, lol.

16. RaineyDay477

RaineyDay477New Member

Threads:
    I can't confirm that it has helped me lose weight, but I know there are a great deal of benefits. I try to add it to foods rather than just drink it straight. It is really good when marinating cucumbers, onions and tomatoes. I found a bunch of recipes on Pinterest for this. I also mix black beans, kidney beans and pinto beans together and add about a half a cup of ACV. It's tangy, but I really like it.

17. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I've heard about this being a great help in weight loss, but it won't do much on it's own, even though it can suppress your appetite. While it greatly benefits your health, combining it with a healthy diet and physical exercise will make it even more effective. There is no "quick miracle" for weight loss. It's all hard work and dedication, but highly satisfying in the end.

18. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was wondering how much of the product you use and how you use it. It does not seem like it would be good to drink on its own. Maybe combining with oil on a salad dressing would be helpful. Using it in coleslaw would probably also actually be good. It is really funny the all natural things that are as beneficial as over the counter pills and supplements. These are some of the benefits of th vinegars I guess.

19. Justin12

Justin12New Member

Threads:
    Adding superfoods to our diet is an ideal way for weight loss. There are a lot of super foods available out there that might help in weight loss. Me and my wife have been using superfoods like blueberry powder, cacao and coffee beans for a long time and it really helped us a lot in reducing our weight. Not just these superfoods, dark organic chocolates are ideal for weight loss and health. We used to get the finest chocolate bars in Canada from Giddy Yo Yo. We can add or try different chocolate recipes into our diet and stay healthy.

20. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I havr not tried apple cider vinegar yet! Does anyone know if it is okay to drink this for breastfeeding moms? I am still breastfeeding my son and I am trying to lose weight by exercising and eating healthy.